Heart (Diabetes, arthritis, etc.) health cooking

Without that one wee pill I could not function as I do now. It changed my life from about 20 pain killers to one. This was in 2006 .

Russ

I am SO GLAD for you to have found some relief and a reduction in all those pills. That had to be a chore right there.

Shermie, I'm glad you have a nurse come in to check on you and make sure things are going as they should. I qualified for a caregiver because I have so many health problems now. She comes M-F so it's nice to have the help.

Nose running ...do you have seasonal allergies? You could be allergic to something in your environment or surroundings? I usually do a juice fast when I'm trying to isolate an allergen. Let me know if you might be interested in how I did it.

Constipation - I used to have that problem. In fact, my mother and grandmother had it too. For years I just suffered in pain. I had a surgery go wrong in 2013 and have had the opposite problem ever since. I don't suggest that route. LOL I'll look for my hard drive where I kept those notes. I should be able to find some helpful info for you.

Sodas, whether regular or diet, are not good for us. Growing up, they were an occasional treat, not something to drink at every meal. It is still that way. From time to time, I crave a Dr. Pepper or a Cream Soda. A six pack of either one could last me a couple of months, easy.

CD

We have diet Coke, diet lemonade and Schweppes lemon cans in the fridge. For family on Sunday's, wife has a casual Coke every now and then. I drink Diet Coke with my rum at night. Grandkids aren't allowed fizzy. Their parents choice. Not mine.

Russ

My blood levels are all fine, but I have PCOS and I suspect I am insulin resistant (often comborbid with pcos) because I have darker colored skin patches since a few months and all my symptoms match insulin resistance even though my blood work is fine. So I am working on changing my diet gradually to a more whole grains based diet with less sugar and I am intermittent fasting every day between 16.00 and 07.00.
Hopefully this will allow me to avoid diabetes which I really don't want on top of all the other conditions I have.
I also take cinnamon supplements in agreement with my doctor to help keep my blood sugar stable.

I just bought THIS appliance the other day. Called Navage, it helps flush out nose congestion as well as other complications associated with the nose.

A start might be;

No sugar.
No salt except unrefined sea salt.
No hydrogenated.
Lower carbs.

Don't bother with lowfat anything. It will just leave you malnourished. They do not throw out what they take out, they sell it. Like milk, if you want water drink water. A friend of mine used to drink non fat milk, I looked it up ad beer has more nutrition.

Try a glass of wine per day if you like wine. Not booze or beer, the wine has other stuff in it.

For snacks, try nuts. No soda unless you get the not sweet kind like sparkling water. I get Adirondack Mandarin Orange.

Sometimes people have trouble finding snacks that are not full of carbs, Well a apple ? When was the last time you just took and ate a green pepper ? Some people like to eat to tomatoes, well instead of that junk salt they sell, get some black salt. It has a unique flavor somewhat like eggs. It is also good for seasoning beef before cooking.

Do get spices, they reduce the need for salt by giving you flavor. Another thing is to put vinegar on your food before salting it, it lessens the need. Even the good unrefined salt that is actually good for you has a bunch of sodium in it, so if you are sensitive to that you must also limit the good salt.

To me, that is not medical advice, I consider it common sense.

T

Back
Top Bottom