Hello! A community that loves to play with food!? My kin!

You know what, I can't add my blog link because I'm too new here. It rejects it. So it's "Aprons are for Cowards" and then add a dot then com. It is also a new blog, as you'll see. I will check yours out!
Great name! Here you are:

https://m.facebook.com/apronsareforcowards/

And here, too (the main page):

http://www.apronsareforcowards.com

I’ll give it a good look when I have a chance. Thanks again for finding us!

Please let us know when you post your Squid Ink Ravioli with Mascarpone and Shiitake recipe!

Last edited:
Yes, I adore uni. It's soo.. unique! —Whoops that was low, but it's actually accurate.

I've had geoduck, too, and was intrigued. I definitely want to try some different renditions of it. Are these regulars for your plates?

We have an Asian market that carries live geoduck when available and also live Dungeness and Golden crab. As far as being regulars for us, they are treats more or less. Local, seasonal seafood is more of a regular thing. We have several species of claw less lobster of which only one is harvested commercially. The others have to be taken underwater by diving. Our favorite fish, until recently, could only be taken by spearfishing. When in season we often get stone crab claws and live Louisiana crawfish. I'm very particular about fin fish and will only purchase from a reliable source or if I can see the whole fish. Sea scallops have to be dry packed and the only kind of canned tuna we buy is yellow fin packed in olive oil and from either Spain or Italy. I admit I am a seafood snob!:whistling:

We have an Asian market that carries live geoduck when available and also live Dungeness and Golden crab. As far as being regulars for us, they are treats more or less. Local, seasonal seafood is more of a regular thing. We have several species of claw less lobster of which only one is harvested commercially. The others have to be taken underwater by diving. Our favorite fish, until recently, could only be taken by spearfishing. When in season we often get stone crab claws and live Louisiana crawfish. I'm very particular about fin fish and will only purchase from a reliable source or if I can see the whole fish. Sea scallops have to be dry packed and the only kind of canned tuna we buy is yellow fin packed in olive oil and from either Spain or Italy. I admit I am a seafood snob!:whistling:

I too am fussy about seafood.

Russ

Belated
images.png

Back
Top Bottom