Hello from Ayrshire, Scotland

Welcome to CookingBites Shelley226. Please feel free to join in wherever you wish. We love new members who participate and we really don't care how experienced members are in terms of cooking skills. Its enthusiasm which matters!

Hi and welcome tho CookingBites :welcome:

Did I read Glasgow? Yep, I did. Just checked your little info. The location doesn't show on mobile phones... I'm originally from there, not that you can normally tell, unless I'm tired or angry, or both (or drunk but that's amazingly rare these days). Red head as well.

We nearly moved back there just before coming out to Australia and the plan had been to move to the Paisley office of my husband's company when our visas and secondment were up. But despite missing the Highlands and the rain, we decided to stay in Australia.

Do you have any preferred cuisine? We're always keen to know about new members and their tastes. There's a recipe challenge on at the moment where the key ingredient is a tatty. I must get a nice tatty scone recipe into it soon.

SNSSO

Hello and so sorry for the mega late reply!!! Yes I'm from glasgow, Drumchapel originally but I've lived in ayrshire for a few years now, but when someone asks me where I'm from I'm a Glasgow lassie through and through 😄
Where abouts in Australia are you? My sister in law lives in Melbourne.
I've never made a tattie scone, in scotland we can buy Mortons tattie scones in practically almost every shop and to be honest they're hard to beat lol

Hello and so sorry for the mega late reply!!! Yes I'm from glasgow, Drumchapel originally but I've lived in ayrshire for a few years now, but when someone asks me where I'm from I'm a Glasgow lassie through and through 😄
Where abouts in Australia are you? My sister in law lives in Melbourne.
I've never made a tattie scone, in scotland we can buy Mortons tattie scones in practically almost every shop and to be honest they're hard to beat lol
I moved out here back in 2016. We're a touch further north than Melbourne, but not much. The nearest 'place' of any size at all is Canberra, (capital of Australia), though it's rather like saying Fort William or Oban when you're living close to Tyndrum though Tyndrum does at least have the advantage of quite a few conveniences include a small supermarket attached to a petrol station, something we don't have either of! But I've never lived a conventional life at all and the no neighbours, 600 acre sheep farm, satellite broadband and so on, is us totally

Back
Top Bottom