Hello from South Florida

cookieee

Local time
7:45 PM
Hello from south Florida. I used to run a cooking game on the Cooking Light mag. bulletin board for over a period of 10 years. Would love to hear from you if you were also a member. I have been collecting recipes for over 30 years. I love to share them. I also like to use cookbooks. Looking forward to making new friends here.

morning glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:45 AM

cookieee

Local time
Hi @cookieee - welcome to CookingBites :welcome:. We aim to be a friendly & supportive forum and we love new members to join in. Please feel free to dive in wherever you wish. We generally have a few challenges running - see here:The Current CookingBites Challenges or you could join in the regular thread: What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

What kind of food do you like to cook @cookieee ?
Hi, thank you for the welcome.

We (DH and I) like to cook almost everything. We average around 12 to 15 new recipes a month. Mostly ones using a lot of different spices. We like to make our own spice blends instead of using store bought. You can bet I will be posting something using Paprika for this months challenge. lol

Bad timing on my part, joining today. I have been having such a craving for lobster fixed the way our local Chinese rest. does. So no cooking tonight. lol

CraigC

Über Member
Local time
Welcome from SE Florida, Broward county to be exact. Native too!

morning glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:45 AM
We average around 12 to 15 new recipes a month. Mostly ones using a lot of different spices. We like to make our own spice blends instead of using store bought. You can bet I will be posting something using Paprika for this months challenge. l
I'm a bit the same and I'm always trying new recipes. And I love spices too - it will be great if you can enter the Recipe Challenge. :okay:

CraigC

Über Member
Local time
Hi neighbor, I'm up in Boca. Did we meet on the Weber forum? Thanks for the welcome.
I've never gone to the Weber forum, although I have one of their charcoal grills with a rotisserie and kettlepizza kit. I dabble in true BBQ and grilling.

cookieee

Local time
I've never gone to the Weber forum, although I have one of their charcoal grills with a rotisserie and kettlepizza kit. I dabble in true BBQ and grilling.
Craig, try it out, it is a lot of guys talking about and repairing their grills with a lot of photos of their cooks. https://tvwbb.com/ I've posted over 60 recipes there, but they never caught on because I can't post pictures.

CraigC

Über Member
Local time
Craig, try it out, it is a lot of guys talking about and repairing their grills with a lot of photos of their cooks. https://tvwbb.com/ I've posted over 60 recipes there, but they never caught on because I can't post pictures.
I have a BGE which I use more than the Weber or the Horizon off-set pit. I'm looking at a Pit Barrel Cooker for hanging sausages. We do a lot of Cajun and Creole cooking and make our own andouille sausage and tasso ham.

cookieee

Local time
Thank you Mewmew, love your picture. Looks just like our Gracie when she was little.

Top Bottom