Hello From The USA

griddled

Local time
3:57 AM
I like consuming all kinds of food, but gravitate to cooking American, Italian, and Thai.
I am however looking forward to including other countries as well, which is why I decided to join a site such as Cooking Bites.

Hi, welcome! I'm also in the US, and a great thing about this forum is the truly international representation. If you're interested in branching out into other cuisines, this is the place.

Welcome from SE Florida! Other than native cuisine, American food is based in other cultures.

Hello from another "Mercan." I may be the token Texas member. This is a good forum for sharing food histories and traditions. We regularly have to ask each other, "What's a (fill in blank)?" It is often something we know under a different name, such as an aubergine is an eggplant. Sometimes it is more adventurous, as in, "You eat that?" :wink:

What part of the US are you from?

CD

Welcome to the forum. This is truly a fantastic site. A few years ago I would have never dreamed of cooking Thai, Moroccan, ect... Now I'm comfortably cooking anything that I want. I'm even slowly moving away from recipes, measurements, ect... and am having a blast!

Hello from another "Mercan." I may be the token Texas member. This is a good forum for sharing food histories and traditions. We regularly have to ask each other, "What's a (fill in blank)?" It is often something we know under a different name, such as an aubergine is an eggplant. Sometimes it is more adventurous, as in, "You eat that?" :wink:

What part of the US are you from?

CD

Hi caseydog.
I'm from Oregon, land of 'If you don't like the weather now, just wait twenty minutes'...most of the time!
As for the last several days though, it's been quite rainy.
Which brings me to the next unofficial Pacific Northwest quip...'When Oregonians are promised a full day of sunshine, some call in sick'!

Ooooooooo, Dungeness Crab, Razor Clams, Chinook salmon, Cold Water Shrimp, Albacore Tuna -- nice supply of seafood up there.

CD

^ ^ ^ ^
Yes there is, and thanks for the reminder as I seem to forget it, since I lived in So. Cali most of my adult life.

Back
Top Bottom