Help choose 'Dish of the month' for October

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a Melting Pot in North Dallas that has been around forever. It is okay. Best part is, there is no goopy mess to clean up after eating.

CD
We have one here, I just looked at their menu, and their “all-inclusive” dinner for two (three courses) starts at $100 - cheese is expensive, but it ain’t that expensive!

Geez, when we lived in Southern Arizona, we were asked to join a bunch of other couples for dinner (dutch treat of course) and I looked up the menu online and the inclusive was $45/pp, we took a hard pass back then, now, GEEEZ!!!
Sorry, I said 3-course, but it’s four-course. I left out the salad:

I was just about to comment on other types of fondue, then everyone else beat me to it.

Around here, we have three types of fondue; melted cheese, hot broth/oil, and melted chocolate. From there, nearly endless variations.

One of my few dinner party forays, back in the early 2000’s, while extolling the virtues of fondue, I did host a three-course fondue night, starting with a traditional cheese fondue, with bread for dipping, then a course of beef and chicken cooked in simmering broth (potatoes on the side), and ending with a chocolate-peppermint fondue with little mini-cakes for dipping (I still have the specialty baking pan I bought for that - used just the once).

I did all that in a single Rival electric fondue pot, for five people.

I’ve made a variety of cheese fondues and dessert fondues over the years (butterscotch sauce and apples… 😋), but nowadays, we just stick to the usual Swiss one, with bread and sausages to dip, usually pickles and olives on the side.
We also like to dip raw vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery) and fruit (apple slices mostly) in cheese fondue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom