Help choose 'dish of the month' July 2022

I've got gyoza in the freezer, but they're ready made.. I could maybe rustle up something with them, but it won't be a challenge of course.
Since this is about as open as it gets, ready-made is fine, I think. It’s not like you’d be passing them off as your own. I always like seeing foods from other countries, and that includes fast food, ready-made things, whatever.

Most importantly, though, just make sure you’re taking care of yourself first.

it's UK name won't be allowed here lol, something spotty
I’ve had that before!

To clarify, I mean the dessert, not the…erm…other thing. :laugh:

Since this is about as open as it gets, ready-made is fine, I think. It’s not like you’d be passing them off as your own. I always like seeing foods from other countries, and that includes fast food, ready-made things, whatever.

Absolutely! The aim of 'Dish of the day' is to get as many as possible to participate in whatever way they can.

Yeah, just I don't like them boiled :D and like I said in the previous thread, I only was introduced to this type of dumplings in the UK. Dutch food culture has no equivalent , though we have a pudding similar to boiled raisin pudding ( it's UK name won't be allowed here lol, something spotty) .

And my heartrate still goes up to 140 everytime I am in the kitchen, so a lot of cooking is just no option right now.
I actually saw it referenced here a few times and had no idea what it was but thought it sounded rather disgusting. I did google it (and still don't think it sounds like something I would want to eat), but if I were to bring that term up in conversation amongst my friends they would likely be appalled (of course until I explained what it is).
I've got gyoza in the freezer, but they're ready made.. I could maybe rustle up something with them, but it won't be a challenge of course.
Yes, good thing it's not a challenge! My dumplings for my chicken and dumplings are so basic and they are rarely pretty. It's the chicken and seasonings that get the attention in this dish and the dumplings soak in all that yummy flavor. But still not appealing to the eye, IMO. It's like biscuits and gravy. They are rarely a pretty sight, LOL.

I hope it's dumplings. I guess I would do something if it were breakfast eggs, as I make those almost daily in some fashion. Not much else really sounded appealing (to me).

Do periogies count as dumplings? I don't know how to make them from scratch, but I love them. We have a lot of Polish, Hungarian, Czec, etc. here who make them and sell them at the markets.
I'm okay with dumplings. I've never made one in my life.

CD
Southern style dumplings (as in chicken n dumplings) are basically just biscuit dough pieces dropped in hot boiling liquid...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom