• Pasta Salad

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Risotto

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasta salad is streaking into the lead - if you haven't voted yet please do.

As an aside, I've never understood pasta salad. Maybe I just never had a good one. Its not so popular in the UK as in the US. Is it ever served in Italy @MypinchofItaly (not sure)? But I associate it with dull buffet fare. That's really the only times I've encountered it I think. So - if it is chosen its going to be a big challenge for me! That's OK. I like challenges...

Yes, pasta salad is an Italian thing, just perfect in this period. And even easy to prepare

IF Pasta salads wins the vote, I hope to introduce you all to some very delicious dishes.

Since this runs for a whole month, what is the polite number of recipes to post in that month?

Pasta salad is streaking into the lead - if you haven't voted yet please do.

As an aside, I've never understood pasta salad. Maybe I just never had a good one. Its not so popular in the UK as in the US. Is it ever served in Italy @MypinchofItaly (not sure)? But I associate it with dull buffet fare. That's really the only times I've encountered it I think. So - if it is chosen its going to be a big challenge for me! That's OK. I like challenges...

My daughter makes a nice Tri colour salad.

Russ

IF Pasta salads wins the vote, I hope to introduce you all to some very delicious dishes.

Since this runs for a whole month, what is the polite number of recipes to post in that month?

As many as you like! The more posts/recipes we get posted on the forum, the more traffic we get and the more we get noticed by google. Its all good.

So far 11 people have voted (assuming that each person used 2 votes). Pasta salad and Risotto are neck and neck. I'll leave for a few hours to see if anyone else's vote changes that. If not I'll put up another quick poll between the two, with one vote per person. If that fails I'll just make a decision between the two.

As it happens, I'm not keen on risotto either, as I find it rather dull (maybe not had a good one)! So any decision will be without bias in terms of my personal taste.

New poll going up - we are down to the choice between Pasta Salad & Risotto. Please can everyone vote again for one dish.

This was state of play before the final poll

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 14.19.03.png

I picked pasta salad because I know I can make a good risotto, but I've always thought of pasta salad as rather boring. At any given picnic or potluck, someone brings pasta salad, I always try some, and I'm generally not impressed. I'm hoping I will see some ideas that will change my mind (including something from me).

I picked pasta salad because I know I can make a good risotto, but I've always thought of pasta salad as rather boring. At any given picnic or potluck, someone brings pasta salad, I always try some, and I'm generally not impressed. I'm hoping I will see some ideas that will change my mind (including something from me).

You echo my thoughts posted above. So I'm voting that way too. It will stretch my creativity (hopefully).

I love a good macaroni salad, with a heavy mayo dressing, red onion, celery, and cubed cheddar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom