HELP! Lemon dessert

Herbie

Veteran
Local time
9:14 AM
I need help finding a nice lemon dessert recipe.

I'm making a meal for my Dad's 80th birthday next month and need some help with dessert ideas. My dad loves a roast dinner so for mains we will have roast chicken with either new potatoes and summer veg or salads (depending on the weather).

I asked my Mum what his favourite dessert is and she said anything lemon flavoured, but not lemon meringue pie. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lemon jello cake. It uses a white cake mix and a box of lemon jello among other things, glazed with an icing sugar and lemon juice mix. It's a fluffy light cake that is perfect for summertime.

Lemon bars.

There are quite a few recipes here in the dessert's forum including the Shaker Lemon Pie I made which we rather liked because it used the entire lemon, not just the juice. Clicking on the tag "lemons" will give you an idea of what is available here.
I've also make the excellent lemon drizzle cake and a lemon polenta cake. Both well worth making imo.

Lemon bars are so yummy. Lemon pound cake is yummy too. So is lemon sheet cake with a lemon glaze or angel food cake with lemon curd spooned on each slice....i really like lemon too.

Back
Top Bottom