Help me with this wine, please!

it confirms the “wine guy” I usually rely on at my usual place knows what he’s doing.
I would have thought that you would soon discover if he knows what he's doing by how much you like his recommendations. If he has a low hit rate, I would ignore his advice!!
Is your 'usual place' a wine/booze store? If it is, I would be surprised if he did not know what he was talking about !

I would have thought that you would soon discover if he knows what he's doing by how much you like his recommendations.
I always like some confirmation from a better-informed/educated third party. I don’t always trust myself as to whether something is “good” or not, especially where wine is concerned. My favorite champagne of late is a $7US screw-top variety from ALDI! :laugh:

If it is, I would be surprised if he did not know what he was talking about !
Yes, it is, but that’s not always an indication of success that way. I’ll point out the time I went to a dedicated wine shop, asked for a wine recommendation (for fondue), and the owner himself told me, “Oh, you’re cooking with it? Just get the cheapest one you see, you won’t know the difference.”

Back
Top Bottom