Hi everyone!

Welcome from Texas. There are a few of us with Cajun cooking backgrounds. I grew up in a Cajun area. Cajun foods and Italian foods are two of my favorites (my family came to America from Torino about 110 years ago). Of course, Italian recipes changed when Italian immigrants came to America, due to what was available and cheap as far as ingredients. But, I can find old world recipes here, and hopefully you will add some.

CD
I've been in the US two times but never in Cajun areas (once west coast, once Manhattan)...it's in my list of places to visit!
also asian sout-east is in...but now I have a little boy (3 years old) and don't know when we'll restart to do long travels!

I'm from near Parma (you'll surely konw the ham and the cheese :laugh:)
Torino is one of my favourite Italian city, have you ever been there? they make the "ravioli del plin", ravioli filled with meat and vegetables and seasoned with gravy from roast...YUM!

Welcome from Caracas, Venezuela - the country which eats almost as much pasta as Italy!
Thanks!
Do you really consume as much pasta as we do? I didn't know!
well...pasta is a very versatile meal...I mean, changing the sauce you change completely dish, you never get bored!

sure! the mission of every metalhead is to suggest his favourite bands :roflmao: wich kind of metal do you prefer?
some of my favourites are Fates Warning, Ayreon, Amorphis, Epica...
but if you want an ass breaking LP, and if you like prog, absolutely "Bilateral" from Leprous and "one hour by the concrete lake" from Pain of salvation

I am clearly much older than you, as my idea of metal is KISS or AC/DC. 👴

CD

I've been in the US two times but never in Cajun areas (once west coast, once Manhattan)...it's in my list of places to visit!
also asian sout-east is in...but now I have a little boy (3 years old) and don't know when we'll restart to do long travels!

I'm from near Parma (you'll surely konw the ham and the cheese :laugh:)
Torino is one of my favourite Italian city, have you ever been there? they make the "ravioli del plin", ravioli filled with meat and vegetables and seasoned with gravy from roast...YUM!

I spent two weeks in Italy about 14 years ago. I went to several cities, but not to Torino. I was disappointed about that.

CD

I am clearly much older than you, as my idea of metal is KISS or AC/DC. 👴

CD
Well I think they are more hard rock than heavy metal! But old style...I can suggest the only one god...DIO (try with "rainbow in the dark")

I spent two weeks in Italy about 14 years ago. I went to several cities, but not to Torino. I was disappointed about that.

CD
Always the same on a journey...so much things to see...so little time to do it!

Well I think they are more hard rock than heavy metal! But old style...I can suggest the only one god...DIO (try with "rainbow in the dark")
I remember Dio, and Rainbow in the Dark. Meh. Along those lines in the 1980s, Living Colour was my favorite (I still listen to them). Their first big hit was Cult of Personality.

CD

Welcome from lil ol new Zealand down under. I like your food choices and look forward to your recipes, a lot.

Belisimo

Russ

Back
Top Bottom