Hi from Denmark

ScandiBrit

Local time
5:33 PM
Hi all

Greetings from Aarhus in Denmark. I am an English guy, Engineer and lived here working on wind turbines since 2007. I used to be on another forum a few years ago which was a hang off from the old BBC forum site which I much enjoyed but things got busy and here I am starting again on being part of a community of foodies.

Love most foods, but having lived also in Napoli for me, simplicity and quality is key.

Richard

Hi ScandiBrit and welcome to CookingBites :welcome:. I hope you enjoy being part of our community.Please feel free to join in wherever you like. We generally have a few fun challenges running - see here: The Current CookingBites Challenges. Also there is the regular thread What did you cook/eat today (November 2019) where you can see what we are all making/eating. As you probably have gathered our forum is UK run but with an international membership.

You mentioned Napoli - we have a long standing regular member from Italy MypinchofItaly, who posts the most delicious Italian recipes!

Hi mypinchofItaly. I hear you are a big contributor! I look forward to telling you of my love of Southern Italian food and the wonders of how they can turn the most simply of vegetables into a dish that almost makes you want to cry with emotion.

Richard

I look forward to read your interesting food-stories about your experience in Napoli. Not only pizza I suppose! :happy: I spent many times in Puglia (My dad is from Puglia) and other southern regions and I agree with you: Southern Italian food is special and they have a knowledge about vegetable that you cry for happiness.Also North of Italy is full of great recipes. I am from Milano, the city of Panettone and risotto alla milanese, just to name a few.

Hi
I am a big fan of making risotto. I find there are a few key points; 1) feed the rice with the ladle, spoon by spoon, not all in one like Asian rice. 2), beat, beat and keep beating ! 3) It all about the stock, the rice simply carries the taste.. 4) the final 'bash and beat' at the end, adding the final bits like Parmesan, or butter and leaving it a few minutes.

Rich

for some reason site thinks below is spam so I send a screenshot!!
1574679846577.png

Hi
I am a big fan of making risotto. I find there are a few key points; 1) feed the rice with the ladle, spoon by spoon, not all in one like Asian rice. 2), beat, beat and keep beating ! 3) It all about the stock, the rice simply carries the taste.. 4) the final 'bash and beat' at the end, adding the final bits like Parmesan, or butter and leaving it a few minutes.

Rich

5. The butter must be cold, very cold at the end, it gaves even more creaminess :)

Back
Top Bottom