Hi there everybody!

Wiseman

Local time
8:46 PM
I’m so glad I found Cookingbites. I’m Daniel currently in South Africa. I’m originally from Tanzania, east Africa. I like preparing and eating vegan food. I’m plant based 3 years now. I’m here to learn also share.

Welcome to CookingBites @Wiseman :welcome:. I hope you enjoy our forum. We have a few of us here who enjoy plant based food. In particular our site owner @SatNavSaysStraightOn, who is vegan (with eggs). I also cook and eat a lot of plant based and vegetarian dishes. What kind of dishes do you like to cook?

Peace @morning glory. Very nice to read from you. Thank you so much. My favorite vegan meal is steamed brown rice with tofu (not crispy one) + mixed veggies + mango juice . Aaah you Vegan also? Very good. I’m happy to be here man

Peace @morning glory. Very nice to read from you. Thank you so much. My favorite vegan meal is steamed brown rice with tofu (not crispy one) + mixed veggies + mango juice . Aaah you Vegan also? Very good. I’m happy to be here man

I'm not vegan but do eat a lot of vegan food. My grown-up son who lived with me was vegan and I cooked a lot of vegan then. Still do!

Last edited:
Welcome! We eat some vegan and vegetarian meals. I love BBQ, grilling and seafood too much to give it up.

Hi
Welcome to CookingBites. :welcome:

I'm another vegan, though I'll eat the eggs from our own chickens as well. Hubby is what he calls an economic vegan. He eats vegan, cooks vegan and will search out new vegan eating establishments but if needed would eat vegetarian. I won't eat vegetarian, only vegan and eggs (and usually only from our chickens). I rescued a number of birds several years ago and only rehome when I absolutely to. The result is that I have a number of birds now how are in retirement and enjoying a quiet life doing very little.

Because of my allergy to dairy products, I absolutely can not have anything containing them (including medications) so I have learnt to be very creative with finding alternatives over the years. I have a wide range of vegan and vegetarian cookbooks and virtually always cook our meals from scratch and can adapt most recipes now to make a vegan alternative.

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

Hi
Welcome to CookingBites. :welcome:

I'm another vegan, though I'll eat the eggs from our own chickens as well. Hubby is what he calls an economic vegan. He eats vegan, cooks vegan and will search out new vegan eating establishments but if needed would eat vegetarian. I won't eat vegetarian, only vegan and eggs (and usually only from our chickens). I rescued a number of birds several years ago and only rehome when I absolutely to. The result is that I have a number of birds now how are in retirement and enjoying a quiet life doing very little.

Because of my allergy to dairy products, I absolutely can not have anything containing them (including medications) so I have learnt to be very creative with finding alternatives over the years. I have a wide range of vegan and vegetarian cookbooks and virtually always cook our meals from scratch and can adapt most recipes now to make a vegan alternative.

SNSSO
(Site Owner)
Thank you.

I eat no diary product. But I think it is fine for those who choose to. Three years ago I used to eat eggs also milk. But I transitioned to vegan. Yes I’m happy to say I enjoy vegan meal everytime. Also I enjoy going out and try vegan food. I know few vegan restaurants where I live in Arusha Tanzania.

20190309_232720.jpg

Back
Top Bottom