Hobbies anyone?

Stratocaster guitar?
Not at the moment. I owned a Strat for a while in the '80's and never really...bonded with it, I guess.

My acoustic is a 1999 Martin D28, and my single electric is a 1995 Carvin custom TL-60, which is a Telecaster copy...sort of.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_D-28

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/96-guitars.html

On the Carvin link, mine is a lot like the TL60 on the right in the photo, though being custom ordered, I made some changes to it.

Not at the moment. I owned a Strat for a while in the '80's and never really...bonded with it, I guess.

My acoustic is a 1999 Martin D28, and my single electric is a 1995 Carvin custom TL-60, which is a Telecaster copy...sort of.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_D-28

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/96-guitars.html

On the Carvin link, mine is a lot like the TL60 on the right in the photo, though being custom ordered, I made some changes to it.

Very nice. I tried to learn playing guitar about 20 years ago, nothing to do, I was better as singer (or a sort of). I have some friends who play guitar, Stratocaster and Les Paul (I think) and another kind which I don't remember at the moment.
I'm a fan of Muddy Waters, but I don't know what kind of guitar he played. And Angus Young as well.

Dubbing. Generally adv and some Radio jingles, few cartoons. In reality this had to be my work, I studied drama and professional dubbing after diploma, then life took me in another direction. Thus the dubbing begun a 'hobby' or a sort of second job.
Then cooking.
And I'm a runner too. Which after cooking (and eating) is just perfect.

Last edited:
Very nice. I tried to learn playing guitar about 20 years ago, nothing to do, I was better as singer (or a sort of). I have some friends who play guitar, Stratocaster and Les Paul (I think) and another kind which I don't remember at the moment.
I'm a fan of Muddy Waters, but I don't know what kind of guitar he played. And Angus Young as well.
While I've never had a beautiful voice, I've always been a competent vocalist, but in the late '90's, I had a severe case of pneumonia that left permanent scarring on my lungs, to the point that I can't sing with the power I used to have, and that my breath control gets shaky after a short while.

Muddy Waters, after going electric, is mainly associated with Gretsch, Les Paul, and (what I always think of when I picture him) Telecaster guitars.

There's a quote in the movie Crossroads, with Ralph Macchio as a music school kid trying to learn the blues, where an old bluesman looks at Ralph's acoustic guitar and says something like, "Boy, Muddy Waters invented electricity!" I love that.

How about a large plastic tub or storage box, or a child's plastic swimming pool. I know you are remote, but surely 1 of you will be taking a trip into town before Christmas.
I may be able to do something like that later in the year when the temperature warms up but it will depend entirely on the dye because a lot of the plastics are not suitable for dyes. It's one of the issues I'd already looked into, along with keeping wild birds and chickens alike out of it! If I go down the salt dyes route, it can't be anywhere near a chicken. Salt is fatal even in tiny doses too chickens, not even considering the effects of the dye on them. Plus it would have to be outside to get up to 40°C to activate the dye. And I don't know if the dyes are uv proof. UV is a major problem here in Australia. If never really appreciated how bad the effects of the ozone hole where until coming to live here.

My latest hobby/fun thing to do is work on jigzaw puzzles. I want my bedroom closet shelf back. lol I had over 20 puzzles just sitting there since we moved in 20 years ago. So a few months ago I said, let's do them and then find them another home. We started with the smaller ones and now we are working on ones with 1,500 pieces. Working up to the last one with 2,500 pieces. :eek:

What do you like to do, as a hobby or just for fun?
Update - STILL working on the jigsaw puzzles.

1571674252181.png

Did it work? Did I actually post a picture?

This is a 2,000 piece puzzle. Looks like it should be fun to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom