Makes: 200 ml | Preparation time: 25 mins

• Hazelnuts, peeled: 150 g
  • Icing sugar: 70 g
  • Dark chocolate or milk chocolate: 50 g
  • Cocoa powder, unsweetened: 30 g
  • Peanut oil: 2 tbsp
  • A pinch of salt

Method

Melt the chocolate in a saucepan, adding a bit of water.

Use a food processor to blend the nuts in a cream. Make sure to use the food processor only at slow speed, otherwise the oils naturally secreted by the nuts will overheat and the mixture will burn.

The cream will initially be very coarse and with a quite thick consistency; continue to blend the nuts until the cream becomes smoother and less firm, almost liquid. The whole process should take about 5 to 8 minutes.

When the cream has reached the desired consistency, add to it the cocoa powder, the icing sugar, the melted chocolate, the peanut oil and a pinch of salt. Mix again in the food processor, always at a very slow speed and stop only when the cream has become very firm. Leave the cream to rest for at least 10 minutes.

Transfer the cream in a glass jar; your homemade Nutella is ready to be enjoyed! You can try it on a slice of bread or use it to garnish cakes and biscuits.

Tip: Store your homemade Nutella outside of the fridge, in a dry and cool place; keep it away from light and heat.

I don't suppose it would work out cheaper but I'll bet this tastes way better than the shop bought. I think you could use other nuts instead of hazelnuts too.

I don't suppose it would work out cheaper but I'll bet this tastes way better than the shop bought. I think you could use other nuts instead of hazelnuts too.

Oh, mmm, my version ig good, but the real Nutella is something out of this world..
I like the idea to use other nuts instead of hazelnuts, I didn't think about it!

As I'm not a fan I can't really comment - it does use palm oil though - which some regard as 'bad' for environmental and/or health reasons. It also contains vanilla - you could add that to this recipe if you wanted.

Unfortunately it is like that, it is not one of the healthiest products, and it is for this reason that as soon as I can I try to prepare it on my own ... but at same time I cannot give up Nutella. I don't eat it every day but I like to know that I have a jar in the pantry and sink the spoon ... 🤤

Right, adding vanilla will surely be the next step to make!

I'm actually more for savory flavors, but I admit that there are some things I have a weakness for, such as chocolate .. I also like to mix sweet and savory together.

You have to struggle with your weight? But if I remember correctly, based on some photos of you that you posted on the forum, you don't look like one that risks fattening, far from it!

I'm actually more for savory flavors, but I admit that there are some things I have a weakness for, such as chocolate .. I also like to mix sweet and savory together.

You have to struggle with your weight? But if I remember correctly, based on some photos of you that you posted on the forum, you don't look like one that risks fattening, far from it!

Its the alcohol with me that is the problem - and photos lie. Especially selfies on phones which make bodies look thinner. Plus recently I've had all manner of health issues so not getting enough exercise. :ohmy:

Its the alcohol with me that is the problem - and photos lie. Especially selfies on phones which make bodies look thinner. Plus recently I've had all manner of health issues so not getting enough exercise. :ohmy:

mmm, you look thin and fit. Did you try to make some simple excercises like stretching or try to dedicate 15/20 mins a day for a simple walk?

mmm, you look thin and fit. Did you try to make some simple excercises like stretching or try to dedicate 15/20 mins a day for a simple walk?

I can't imagine which photos you mean - I haven't been fit for years and at slimmest I'm a size 14 - 16.

I haven't even been able to walk more than a few yards in the last month which is partly the issue. I'm a bit better now so exercise will begin!

I can't imagine which photos you mean - I haven't been fit for years and at slimmest I'm a size 14 - 16.

I haven't even been able to walk more than a few yards in the last month which is partly the issue. I'm a bit better now so exercise will begin!

I’m referring to a photo you posted few months ago where you were by the sea, I think.. wearing a black T-shirt, maybe?

I didn’t know exactly what kind of health issues you had, but as now you are ok, let the exercise will begin!
I’m a runner and as soon as I can I swim, but I also like to do something more light like Pilates..

Its the alcohol with me that is the problem

You and my wife have the same problems -love of booze, loads of medical issues, and lack of exercise. MrsTasty, is that you?! 😉

I've not seen any pics of you (except one where you were mostly hidden by a food item), but I'll definitely say that, at least where I live, 14-16 (which I think is similar to US 10-12), is nowhere near "big" - even 14-16 US (so maybe 18-20 UK) would be considered a little plump, but probably right down the middle for norms.

Regardless, though, it's how the person feels about themselves that matters. I was both pleased and depressed when I weighed in at 199lbs (14.2 stone) at my last doc's appt - pleased because I had been 206lbs/14.7 stone and depressed because I really need to be 185lbs/13.2 stone. 🎭

Are you expecting your medical issues to lighten up a bit to allow more exercising soon?

Are you expecting your medical issues to lighten up a bit to allow more exercising soon?

Yes indeed. And I will post the possibly flattering photos of me in Clacton-on-Sea taken 7 weeks ago before I got struck down with this back issue. Just to remind me that I did used to walk!

Back
Top Bottom