Homemade Pasta

AgileMJOLNIR

Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
12:32 AM
I didn’t start getting into homemade pasta until about 2yrs ago, but what a difference it is. There are some fantastic store bought pasta brands out there but the fresher it is the better. I made a nice Spaghetti and Meatballs dish topped with Ricotta Cream and of course an homemade Marinara, it was a hit. No real recipe for this aside from the meatballs which I can get up but I’ll need to transcribe it later from paper.

0DCB32E1-0B05-414B-947B-AF38BD7106F5.jpeg

40720C4F-4854-4264-9BF5-B15CBD300719.jpeg

6322A7D9-A2C3-429A-A47C-22912F2F7482.jpeg

51C24DF7-43F3-4F5E-B657-3CBDD989BFDC.jpeg

I didn’t start getting into homemade pasta until about 2yrs ago, but what a difference it is. There are some fantastic store bought pasta brands out there but the fresher it is the better. I made a nice Spaghetti and Meatballs dish topped with Ricotta Cream and of course an homemade Marinara, it was a hit. No real recipe for this aside from the meatballs which I can get up but I’ll need to transcribe it later from paper.

View attachment 92264

View attachment 92265

View attachment 92266

View attachment 92267
That’s beautiful!

I´ve had a pasta machine for about 30 years and only started using it about 3-4 years ago. I suppose it was the faff of making the dough, kneading it until it was soft enough to manage, putting it through the machine 2,4,6,8 times, on different settings, yeah - time consuming. However, I kept on , and last year, I went over to a meighbour´s house and we made a gazillion ravioli, home-made pasta, 3 different fillings, and OMG. Incredible.
I´ve been reading through the book called "Pasta Grannies", to see how Emilia, 94, and Antonia, 98, and Francesca, 89, make their own pasta every single day. Fascinating. Well worth the effort.

I´ve had a pasta machine for about 30 years and only started using it about 3-4 years ago. I suppose it was the faff of making the dough, kneading it until it was soft enough to manage, putting it through the machine 2,4,6,8 times, on different settings, yeah - time consuming. However, I kept on , and last year, I went over to a meighbour´s house and we made a gazillion ravioli, home-made pasta, 3 different fillings, and OMG. Incredible.
I´ve been reading through the book called "Pasta Grannies", to see how Emilia, 94, and Antonia, 98, and Francesca, 89, make their own pasta every single day. Fascinating. Well worth the effort.
I’m really happy to hear you stuck with it and made some great pasta. I love the Pasta Grannies! I’ve been watching them on YouTube for awhile. I didn’t realize they had a book out there so thanks for mentioning that, I’ll look for that in a moment.

Making pasta can take a little elbow grease. I have a KItchenaid mixer with pasta attachments but even then it takes some work running the dough through multiple times and shaping. It’s that end result you focus on though. While there are some good boxed pasta’s out there its hard to beat freshly made when you have the time:) It’s a labor of love as they say:wink:

You know what? I think the effort of making the pasta by hand is actually rather therapeutic. AND, the end result is just like a zillion times better than buying a packet of pasta (even fresh pasta) in the supermarket.

Back
Top Bottom