Recipe Honey Habanero Marinade

WhatsCookingMama

Local time
1:20 PM
Honey Habanero Marinade

Ingredients:
Set aside in a large bowl or slow cooker dish, 6 to 8 large boneless raw chicken breast (roughly about 6 pounds).
Add the following to a large sauce pan:
1 cup water
1 cup raw apple cider vinegar
1½ cups raw honey
4 large tomatoes washed, quartered
1 medium yellow onion chopped
4 large garlic cloves, peeled
3 teaspoons turmeric
3 teaspoons ground mustard
3 teaspoons sage
3 teaspoons marjoram
3 teaspoons thyme
3 teaspoons sea or Himalayan salt
7 whole habanero peppers

Cooking and marinating:
  1. Bring the saucepan ingredients to a boil, them reduce to medium heat. Let cook and reduce by half. You will still have lots of liquid. Remove from the heat, allow to cool a bit. Onced cooled enough to handle, puree it all.
  2. Pour and coat the raw chicken breast completely. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours.
  3. Cook chicken in the marinade until done. Remove chicken, shred it, reserve some marinade.
  4. Take 2 cups of the marinade, put in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium. Reduce liquid to half. Stir every few minutes. The marinade should coat your spoon. Pour this over your shredded chicken. If you like it saucy, use more than 2 cups. If you like it coated 2 cups is good.
I took the Honey Habanero Chicken and made sliders. I also marinated and cooked the chicken in my slow cooker dish. Beef or pork would be great instead of using chicken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you allowing the marinade to cool completely before putting it in with the chicken?

--It cooled enough to handle, for pureeing it then for the marinating.
--If for shredded chicken for coating, I poured it on hot.

You know - I was expecting you to remove the 7 whole habaneros before pureeing and pouring over the chicken. This is right up my street. I love chlli. But I'm in awe that you said elsewhere that your young kids loved it.

I've simply got to try it.

Back
Top Bottom