Honey, would you like a free kitchen blender?

My 2 cents ...

I would not bite on this sort of thing. I dumped paypal about a year ago. I had been using one of those load debit cards to make internet purchases so that I didn't expose my bank card. It had an up front cost and a cost for every reload of $500, and that was all you could do in one day. It was a pain.

Then, I found that my bank would allow me to start a separate account for free, to transfer money into and run a unique bank card from for internet purchases. Problem solved with no additional costs.

All these 'lottery' style competitions annoy me. I'd rather there was a bit of skill involved. In reality there are very few such competitions. Great British Chefs (one of my favourite websites) runs a number of these lottery style comps. Given that its a gourmet cooking site I would have expected something with some cooking skills to be involved.

Professional 'compers' spend literally hours every day entering as many lottery competitions as possible - literally hundreds every week. They can do quite well out of it sometimes - law of averages I suppose.

All these 'lottery' style competitions annoy me. I'd rather there was a bit of skill involved. In reality there are very few such competitions. Great British Chefs (one of my favourite websites) runs a number of these lottery style comps. Given that its a gourmet cooking site I would have expected something with some cooking skills to be involved.

Professional 'compers' spend literally hours every day entering as many lottery competitions as possible - literally hundreds every week. They can do quite well out of it sometimes - law of averages I suppose.

I was at an elderly friend's house a few years ago, and a good friend of hers was there. Since he retired about ten years ago, all he does is play golf and enter sweepstakes. He's won all kinds of cash, appliances, golf cubs, blah, blah, blah. I asked him what the biggest thing he ever won was, and he replied, "A house." :ohmy:

CD

Last edited:
A guy that worked for me, his wife was a stay at home with kids wife. She was winning stuff a lot, she sat on her landline phone with numbers preset, or part dialled wait him to ring . Free tickets to everything going, CDs , all sorts.
I couldn't be bothered.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom