Honey

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
6:10 AM
My mother-in-law has recently invested in beehives and today we received three bottles of honey in the mail. One bottle has a couple of bees still swimming in it; I presume it should not be a problem after we've fished them out?

[Edit: I tried taking a picture. It was not easy at all

honey bee s.jpg
]

Last edited:
My mother-in-law has recently invested in beehives and today we received three bottles of honey in the mail.

I have no idea why she sent us three bottles. I'd be surprised if we used one bottle in two years!

It would put me off having bees in it - I'm not sure if its OK to eat or not. It probably is. What do you use honey to make?

It would put me off having bees in it - I'm not sure if its OK to eat or not. It probably is. What do you use honey to make?

Very little (which is why a bottle will maybe last me two years).

My main use is to glaze pork chops, grilled prawns or char siu.

Honey is a natural antibacterial, antifungal, etc. That's why it lasts so long without preservatives, refrigeration, etc. I'd just fish out the bees so I wouldn't have to see them. Did she send any with honeycomb? You can eat that too. Nice and crunchy.

Honey is a natural antibacterial, antifungal, etc. That's why it lasts so long without preservatives, refrigeration, etc. I'd just fish out the bees so I wouldn't have to see them. Did she send any with honeycomb? You can eat that too. Nice and crunchy.

No, she just sent the three bottles.

I liked honey as a kid on toast, never had it again on toast ever. We have some in the cupboard for the grandys, Manuka honey here fetches good money, for medicinal uses.

Russ

These are prawns which I grilled in the halogen oven after dipping them raw into warm honey/lime glaze.

View attachment 23934
That looks delicious. There's a Chinese chain restaurant that serves honey walnut shrimp. One of my favorite dishes. I usually order it with their green bean chicken. I'm hungry again.

That looks delicious. There's a Chinese chain restaurant that serves honey walnut shrimp. One of my favorite dishes. I usually order it with their green bean chicken. I'm hungry again.

I probably can't eat it. I know that it's too sweet. It may run up the glucose level sky-high!! :headshake:

I probably shouldn't either :wink: Once in awhile. The chain is called Panda Express. Don't know if there's one where you are. They have a new dish - Ring of fire shrimp. Back to the honey. Hope there are no stingers in there. Ashame to waste it, though.

I probably shouldn't either :wink: Once in awhile. The chain is called Panda Express. Don't know if there's one where you are. They have a new dish - Ring of fire shrimp. Back to the honey. Hope there are no stingers in there. Ashame to waste it, though.

We've strained the bottle in question. Probable strain the other two also (just in case).

Back
Top Bottom