Horses

I have to admit that I don’t like horses. I love dogs, cats, dolphins, cows, pigs, but not horses. They are beautiful animals, absolutely, and my maternal’s family in Sardinia bred them, but they have to stay far away from me

Agreed - rascal gets the honour.

I was horse mad as a kid but my family had no money for things like riding lessons. As soon as I earned a bit of money (paper round) it went on riding lessons. I've always longed to own a horse. Now I could probably afford to - but I'm not sure I'd be able to ride anymore! I certainly wouldn't be able to get on the horse without a great deal of assistance.
Maybe a camel or a small elephant, then? They'll get down on the ground for you. 😬

They all smell bad. :thumbsdown:

CD
Some humans smell worse, LOL. I don't remember elephants smelling bad, though. Camels are pretty foul animals.

But seriously, I gave my Appaloosas frequent baths and brushed them daily, as they were show horses and had to have gleaming coats and no eye boogers, no tangled manes or tails. I braided their manes and tails and even cleaned and waxed their hooves before events. They slept in stalls piled high with sawdust and I cleaned their stalls daily. They also ate high quality food, which makes a difference in the way an animal smells.

My horses were always presented immaculately. They quite often do best presented horses as they go through the bird cage. In the summer they were shaved and looked real cool. My trainer I had rang me a year ago to tell me a horse we rehomed had died of colic. He finished racing in 2008? So lived a nice life after racing. His stable name was orb.

Russ

I've had ground camel, stuffed in an onion, and seasoned like kofta. Didn't seem that much different to me than lamb or beef, since it was ground and heavily seasoned. Didn't like it enough to want it again, though.

Back
Top Bottom