Hot drink cup/mug du jour

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
2:11 AM
Assuming most people have some sort of hot beverage to start their day, let’s see yours!

Today, it’s coffee for the two of us (decaf Highlander grogg for MrsT, cream and sugar, regular for me, just cream):

IMG_7756.jpeg

The grey one came from Walmart, the soft greenish one came from Dollar Tree. Both were purchased shortly after we’d bought an afternoon tea cake stand and needed mugs to complement it, though I don’t think we’ve used them for that yet. :laugh:

What’re you drinkin’ from this mornin’, eh?

I had a "Marrón Grande"for breakfast today. In Venezuela, that means a strong, dark cup of coffee with a little milk. I[m not in Caracas.
Normally I'd have a large mug of Assam tea when I get up in the morning.
I am an utterly predictable creature of habit.

Today’s cup is probably the oldest cup I have that I bought (meaning, not inherited from someone else), purchased around 1988 or so. MrsT may have bought it for me, I can’t remember.

IMG_7765.jpeg

It features artwork from Vermont artist Woody Jackson. The 2-cup teapot was bought somewhere in The Cotswolds in…probably 2018.

Mug is filled with PG Tips and a splash of half-n-half.

I grind dark roasted espresso coffee beans in the morning and then brew the grind like any other coffee in a French press. I too am a creature of habit. I've taken to using a Nespresso machine made by DeLonghi to brew espresso style coffee. It's done in 30 seconds and is quite satisfactory. Evenings often include hot chocolate made from Hershey's dark cocoa, sugar and milk.

Yesterday and today:

IMG_7786.jpeg

Bought that in Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania, probably 2021 or 2022. Filled with that coffee from ALDI and heavy cream.

Morning coffee - freshly ground, made in the Aeropress with a splash of oat milk.

This mug was given to me as a birthday gift by an old friend I’ve long since lost touch with sometime in the early 1990s. I was just noticing the horses are looking pretty faded!
IMG_8956.jpeg

This is probably my most-used mug - for the sole reason that it’s also my largest one.

I haven’t the faintest idea where we got it from. Today it’s filled with coffee (made in the Aeropress with freshly ground beans) and some oat milk.
IMG_8980.jpeg

I haven’t the faintest idea where we got it from.
If you didn’t buy it directly from Starbucks, then maybe it was a gift (or part of a gift)? I have a travel mug from them that I won in a drawing at work.

Today’s:

IMG_7882.jpeg
IMG_7883.jpeg

Bought at…surprise, surprise…Warwick Castle, very likely in 1993. PG Tips and harfenhalf ( :laugh: ).

Just asked my husband about the Starbucks mug…turns out he bought it at Starbucks because he needed a coffee cup at work, and there happened to be a Starbucks next door. Mystery solved!

Here’s the mug I’m currently drinking my afternoon tea out of. My parents got it for me for my birthday a few years ago, it’s handmade.
IMG_8981.jpeg

IMG_8982.jpeg

And it has a cute little froggy at the bottom!

Just asked my husband about the Starbucks mug…turns out he bought it at Starbucks because he needed a coffee cup at work, and there happened to be a Starbucks next door. Mystery solved!

Here’s the mug I’m currently drinking my afternoon tea out of. My parents got it for me for my birthday a few years ago, it’s handmade.
View attachment 111528
View attachment 111529
And it has a cute little froggy at the bottom!
I love that little frog!

MrsT is notoriously lousy at gift-giving, and over the years, she’s given me loads of generic gifts that don’t fit my personality at all.

One such gift was a brown handmade pottery coffee cup, complete with desert Old West scene on it - I hate deserts and I hate the Old West motif! It had a cactus and a cow skull on it, fer cryin’ out loud.

I was never so happy as when that mug broke. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom