Hot drink cup/mug du jour

We're boring here with plain white cups too LOL. I try to keep as minimalist stuff as possible.
I do really enjoy my espresso maker though! We use it for both regular coffee and espresso in the morning and that pick-me-up afternoon shot sometimes too! :happy:
IMG_6906.JPG

Oh hang on the one I'm currently using is acceptable!
This is my second one, the first one was a 40th bday prezzie along with a lunch tin in the shape of the submarine.
Mr SSOAP broke it about 5 years ago and much to my surprise bought a replacement straight away.
IMG_2259.jpeg

I think the Beatles Store London might still sell them!

Last edited:
Here's my morning mug, given to me by Jim (he's on the left) at the Dude Day Care Center in OTR, Cincinnati.
I do not function without two of these, filled with Assam tea, in the morning.
I just measured the content and I'm astonished to discover that I drink 1 1/2 pints of tea (700 mls) every day.
That's why my wife says I'm a Tea Totaller.
Daycare Mug.jpg

Here's my morning mug, given to me by Jim (he's on the left) at the Dude Day Care Center in OTR, Cincinnati.
I do not function without two of these, filled with Assam tea, in the morning.
I just measured the content and I'm astonished to discover that I drink 1 1/2 pints of tea (700 mls) every day.
That's why my wife says I'm a Tea Totaller.
View attachment 111544
That looks hand washed rather than dishwashered?! Somebody loves you a lot 😂

That looks hand washed rather than dishwashered?! Somebody loves you a lot
I hate the dishwasher so I wash everything by hand. I find it rather therapeutic. The dishwasher never, ever, ever cleans all the dishes properly; there's always some soap left over, or some dirt on one of the plates - and since there are only 3 of us, it takes 3 days to fill.
Perhaps I'm a bit manic about squeaky clean plates and cutlery...

I hate the dishwasher so I wash everything by hand. I find it rather therapeutic. The dishwasher never, ever, ever cleans all the dishes properly; there's always some soap left over, or some dirt on one of the plates - and since there are only 3 of us, it takes 3 days to fill.
Perhaps I'm a bit manic about squeaky clean plates and cutlery...
I think it very much depends on the dishwasher. My current dishwasher leaves everything absolutely sparkling, as did my last one but my sons dishwasher isn’t up to standard and it’s a Bosch so it should be good.

Did you know Cookie Monster was named after Alastair Cooke?

Did you have Alistair Cooke on your airwaves over in the states?
He reported his musing about America (and himself) every Sunday on radio 4 for decades.

He was such and important person in my life because every Sunday at 9.15am without fail we were not allowed to speak a single word while my Dad made my mum Kippers and Buttered brown bread and took her breakfast in bed.

This meant every single week throughout my childhood I had a little dose of what America was like through the eyes of Alistair Cooke, and I got kippers!
Ah happy days.

Back
Top Bottom