Hot Sauces

What do you use? What is favorite?

Louisiana Crystal Red Label. However, I can't usually find the hotter Red Label and have to settle for the milder Blue Label.

HiotSauceCrystalBlue.png
Pickapeppa.png

For a really good simple marinade for chicken, I like to mix 1 part for 1 part, Crystal with Pickapeppa. It's verry good! :devil::hungry:

About 25 years ago when I first started gardening I thought I would make my own hot sauce. I used a combination of Habaneros and Jalapenos. I ground them all up in a food processor.

I don't have a picture, but my favorite hot salsa is a Habanero salsa ... Mrs. Renfros. It's store bought. I tried pickling some Habanero to experiment with creating my own and never saw it through.

I like Tabasco for specific applications. On Red Beans, Rice and Andouille - just a few drops. A single drop on raw oysters. Tabasco has a very high vinegar content. My preferences for cooking are Louisiana Hot Sauce or Crystal. I have begun experimenting with Sriracha. A different flavor profile.

On the heat index Jalapeno is about as hot as I can tolerate. @The Late Night Gourmet trips me out with his fixation on Habaneras. I can not eat food that requires a Haz-Mat suit to prepare.:laugh:

The lady from Louisiana likes Crystal. :okay::okay::okay: Like @The Late Night Gourmet who likes Habanero, I like them too. :highfive:

The jalapenos I can buy in supermarkets here seem very mild to me. I can easily eat one whole on its own. I don't know if that is how they are supposed to be (they have only recently been available in supermarkets here). I did use some to make a great hot (not so hot!) sauce by cooking down with sharp green apple and then blitzing.

I prefer Sorranos to Jalapenos.

We were working in the jungle 20 hours a day. One to two of our meals a day consisted of MRE's from the late 60's and 70's. It was some of the worse stuff I have ever eaten. We got paid a ton for being there. I don't think it was worth it

I did my service on an aircraft carrier. We ate good. I don't know what an MRE is except to have heard about them in War movies.

I tried pickling some Habanero to experiment with creating my own and never saw it through.
My guess is that you did not have a Haz-Mat suit.:hyper:

I did my service on an aircraft carrier
From one Sailor to another - :thankyou:for your service.
What was your job specialty and rank? I started out as a DP - Data Processing Technician. After several name changes I ended up being an IT - Information System Technician. 1st Class. With no sea time Chief was out of my reach. I went through the process multiple times - excellent test scores, 4.0 EVALS and recommendation but always missed it because of the lack of sea time.:(
I am, and will always will be a proud US Sailor.

Back
Top Bottom