Houseguests

Since I spun this off to a new topic, I’ll put it out there like a question: How do you feel about hosting houseguests? Love it? Rather have almond slivers shoved under fingernails?

How about being a houseguest? Do you like that? Are you the houseguest everyone wants to leave?

Let’s hear some visiting tales!

I have a three bedroom house, but only one of them actually serves as a bedroom... mine. Anyone who wants to stay here will be sleeping on a couch. It is a comfortable couch, but it is still a couch. That deters most houseguests.

CD

We have a 3 bedroom and my old office that could easily be 4 bedrooms.
2 downstairs are set up for grandkids . 2 single and 1 rollaway. Other is granddaughter room or guest room double bed.
Guests take a bit of work.

Russ

Houseguest are always welcome, but I'm working or outside nearly all day long, so there're not many guests suited to leave them the key. The last one was my aunt and her daughter and gladly they just wanted to visit the big city, so we've seen each other just for a couple of ours over one week

I spent an entire year (2022) as a house guest, and it became the most uncomfortable thing ever. I always felt like I was invading someone else's space.
People want to come and stay here? They're welcome. We're pretty gregarious and the house is big enough that everyone has their own "space"

I spent an entire year (2022) as a house guest, and it became the most uncomfortable thing ever. I always felt like I was invading someone else's space.
People want to come and stay here? They're welcome. We're pretty gregarious and the house is big enough that everyone has their own "space"
Thanks for the invite. Do I just show up or should I send you a quick note 24 hours in advance? :laugh:

Here’s my menu plan for our upcoming guest (next month):

Thursday: charcuterie upon arrival, Prosecco to drink. That night will be Pizza Rosa with Italian beer or cider to drink. Later, assorted cookies/biscuits with boozy coffee.

Friday: Dutch baby with homemade buttermilk syrup and fresh fruit for breakfast. That night will be Tuscan-Style Spareribs W/ Balsamic Glaze with parmesan polenta and green beans with cherry tomatoes, chianti to drink. Fruit galette, ice cream, and boozy coffee for dessert.

Saturday: Eggs, bacon, potatoes, with Windigo ’s orange cake as a to-go treat, then they leave for an overnight out of town.

Sunday: White sangria upon arrival, with cheese and fruit and little meatballs to snack. That night will be Chicken Marbella with a caprese salad and a white Côtes du Rhône to drink. Cobbled together leftovers for dessert (with boozy coffee).

Monday: just a spread of toast, jams, and Nutella for breakfast, then she flies home.

Back
Top Bottom