Review Houseworth Halogen Convection Oven HW-COG12

I've just noticed that the "browning" looks more uniform in the halogen picture. They were not fully cooked then so maybe turning the power down may help?

(I'll check on the desktop later).

Nope, sorry. Maybe I never wrote it down.

Here's another picture of it though.

Last edited:
Something I've discovered about halogen oven cooking. I broke the lid to my larger Pyrex casserole dish some time ago and haven't got around to replacing it. I needed the larger one for the potato au gratin so I used aluminium foil as a make shift lid. After 1 hour (checked at 15 minute intervals) the potatoes were hardly cooked. I'm presuming that the foil interferes with the halogen "waves"?

Something I've discovered about halogen oven cooking. I broke the lid to my larger Pyrex casserole dish some time ago and haven't got around to replacing it. I needed the larger one for the potato au gratin so I used aluminium foil as a make shift lid. After 1 hour (checked at 15 minute intervals) the potatoes were hardly cooked. I'm presuming that the foil interferes with the halogen "waves"?

I don't think so. The Halogen is simply a heat source. I use foil sometimes if the top of something looks like its browning too quickly. Maybe its because the original lid is a tight seal? I could be wrong - I don't usually use foil in the halogen so I'm only basing it on my limited experience.

I don't think so. The Halogen is simply a heat source. I use foil sometimes if the top of something looks like its browning too quickly. Maybe its because the original lid is a tight seal? I could be wrong - I don't usually use foil in the halogen so I'm only basing it on my limited experience.

It's the first time that I've used foil as a "cover" as opposed to underneath the food (which has never been a problem). The last time that I cooked potatoes au gratin I used the smaller casserole (there were less spuds) which still has a lid but I cannot remember the cooking times that I used. The recipe requires 60 minutes at 175°C covered plus another 30 minutes uncovered but that's in a standard oven.

Back
Top Bottom