How do, or how often do you make French fries?

Probably every couple of weeks, and I do them in the air fryer, since it’s one thing I’ve found that the air fryer does very well.

You mean the frozen and partially cooked product? If not then please post your method to cook from scratch in an air fryer.

I make fries about once a year, and mine are usually what we call "frips" because they are thinly sliced potatoes cooked to a very crisp texture.

Not my photo, this is from Bon Appetit: Crispiest Potato Chips

crispiest-potato-chips.jpg

Won’t let me see recipe. I’m not paying for it.
That's odd, I don't pay for anything and I can view it.

Additionally, I only posted the link to give credit for the internet photo since it's not my photo, I didn't want to infringe on any copyright laws (not sure how that kind of thing works). So that's how my chips look but I don't follow any recipes to make them.

Last edited:
I too buy frozen French Fries/Chips, mainly Ore-Ida brand as well.
I use to bake them :headshake:
Then I bought a small deep fryer, a Fry Baby, but I wasn't really pleased with us consuming so much oil/fat... I seldom made them.
Then the Air Fryer came into my life .... AAAAAH (angels singing) ... no extra oil/fat, I'm in!
I probably make French Fries/Chips 2-3 times a month, love `em!!

I like fries but I’m a sucker for tater tots and I’ve been thinking about making some homemade ones this week ironically. But for fries I try to air fry when possible though the occasional fried potato is ok:)

I usually soak mine first. I use a steam oven at home so I tend to run about 100% RH in the chamber at low temp to cook them through. Then I’ll crank the heat up to give them a nice crisp. one of my favorite ways to eat them is to place them in a bowl and drizzle a little Olive oil in there, freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, a spoonful of garlic and some salt and pepper to taste.

I’m a BBQ sauce kind of guy but lately I’ve really been on this kick with dipping my potato in a good English mustard. No clue why but it really wakes up my tastebuds,

used to fry it in a simple way (marinate only with just a bit of salt before we fry it).
although it smelt delicious to me.
maybe because I loved it too much lol

I didn't take a picture, but here is the example
241431997_245318277490999_6392813595398132514_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom