How do you record and store your recipes?

I've used a program called Mastercook on my laptop for years. Magazines and clippings are in binders. Web ideas are bookmarked and saved to individual cookbooks I"ve made in Pinterest.

I tried, it still gives an error message.
Can you try again please .
Log out via clicking on your username and select log out, then clear any temp internet files, history and cached files etc. This varies depending on your platform and web browser . Then log back in and try . It's important to clear any cached files because very often the front page gets cached to give faster internet access (or the appearance of it ) and the cached copy won't show the extra forum area.

If that fails, can you try this link directly. It bypasses the front page which could just not be showing the area despite the permissions checker I can run against your account saying you have access .

All works now!

After I'm done getting saved recipes from Documents, if I want to keep it, I just put it between one or more laminating sheets of plastic & run it through the laminator. That way', they don't get dirty or greasy & if they do, I just wipe them clean with a damp cloth.

They are protected from water, grease, dirt or any of that stuff. :wink:

Last edited:
My system is a mess.

I prefer to cook from hardcopy recipes, so I try to stick with cookbooks. If I cook from an online recipe, I'll usually print it out. Devices being what they are, cooking from a screen involved a lot of scrolling and distracting ad/video movements, and I need to be able to see the ingredients and method as a single entity, if that makes sense. Hard to scroll when you're hands-deep in breading cutlets.

I go through phases where I clean house and throw out magazine clippings and all that and swear I'm cooking for the rest of my life from just three or four cookbooks, but I always stray. I was at the eye doc's recently and now have about a dozen recipes on my phone's camera roll, just from sitting in the waiting room and flipping through a magazine.

I'll likely never make them. :oops:

I have all my recipes in binders taped on paper. Over 300 binders, by categories.
Five large binders of copies of recipes made since 1984. And the list goes on. lol

Hey Morning Glory, just thought of a new game. "Stump Cookieee" Mention an ingredient and see if I can come up with a recipe for it. lol just joking.

My system is a mess.

I prefer to cook from hardcopy recipes, so I try to stick with cookbooks. If I cook from an online recipe, I'll usually print it out. Devices being what they are, cooking from a screen involved a lot of scrolling and distracting ad/video movements, and I need to be able to see the ingredients and method as a single entity, if that makes sense. Hard to scroll when you're hands-deep in breading cutlets.

I go through phases where I clean house and throw out magazine clippings and all that and swear I'm cooking for the rest of my life from just three or four cookbooks, but I always stray. I was at the eye doc's recently and now have about a dozen recipes on my phone's camera roll, just from sitting in the waiting room and flipping through a magazine.

I'll likely never make them. :oops:
OK just for the heck of it, what are the names of 5 or 6 of those recipes. Maybe if you don't want them or think you will ever cook them, maybe someone here will and tell you if it is worth your while to make them. Hey Morning Glory, sounds like another game here. lol

I have all my recipes in binders taped on paper. Over 300 binders, by categories.
Five large binders of copies of recipes made since 1984. And the list goes on. lol
That is basically what my big blue book is only it's an A4 notebook that I stuck the recipes to and created an index. Although it is a case of read the list to find what you want rather than it being alphabetical.

Back
Top Bottom