How is the corona virus affecting you?

It refers to the number of daily new cases
1611054714259.png

Ah, statistics. Somebody made a comment about them once.

It's almost impossible to get any numbers that are accurate. We see the numbers of cases and numbers of deaths, but different countries have different recording methods and some have much better track-and-trace systems. The UK was, according to Bozo and Door Matt, supposed to have a "world-beating" system. Well, perhaps so, but only in the sense of being about the worst in the world. And while I'm no conspiracy theorist, would one trust the numbers coming from, say, Russia or China?

Ah, statistics. Somebody made a comment about them once.

It's almost impossible to get any numbers that are accurate. We see the numbers of cases and numbers of deaths, but different countries have different recording methods and some have much better track-and-trace systems. The UK was, according to Bozo and Door Matt, supposed to have a "world-beating" system. Well, perhaps so, but only in the sense of being about the worst in the world. And while I'm no conspiracy theorist, would one trust the numbers coming from, say, Russia or China?

Yeah, some countries threaten their citizens with death should they report any case of COVID19 and have a whole bureau to filter (ie. manufacture) what information is put out to the world press and investigative agencies.

Yeah, some countries threaten their citizens with death should they report any case of COVID19 and have a whole bureau to filter (ie. manufacture) what information is put out to the world press and investigative agencies.

Could you be more explicit on which countries are taking these measures?

Lockdown extended until "at least mid-February" in Scotland...I suspect it'll be a good bit longer than that. There aren't many times I am content to be, um, aging a bit, but I'd hate to be a school or university student right now.

Lockdown extended until "at least mid-February" in Scotland...I suspect it'll be a good bit longer than that. There aren't many times I am content to be, um, aging a bit, but I'd hate to be a school or university student right now.

They're already discussing mid march or spring here, we'll hear more about that tomorrow. It really is bad for all students.

So after todays talk:
-Curfew from 20.30 to 04.30 .
-Only one visitor per house per day
-No incoming flights from the UK, south america and another country I don't remember at the moment
-Mandatory quarantine enforced by law (it was not yet made into a law)

Estimated duration of lockdown until 21 march..

No visitors allowed here unless its a 'support bubble'.

We have a park at out back fence with a gate in it. We still saw our friends, they came via the park into our back yard and kept in touch, even drank. Buy kept social distance. Drinks laid out prior to them arriving. Three bubbles in one. I see a nz scientist said our facilities are full of holes and it will get out.?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom