How is the corona virus affecting you?

My sister the RN explained to me why people have more side effects after the second shot than the first. Apparently, the first shot starts the process of your body's immune system preparing to fight the virus. When you get the second shot, the body's immune system sees it as it would the virus, and the immune system and the vaccine kind of fight with each other a bit. However, in the end, the second shot makes the body's immune response to the virus stronger.

The biggest side effect reported by the hospital staff where my sister works was being VERY tired the day after the second shot. They all got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. Pfizer's vaccine is what I am getting, so I'm expecting to be tired after my second shot in two weeks.

CD

Last edited:
The Texas Rangers welcomed a crowd of at least 38,000 fans to Globe Life Field in Arlington Monday for the team's home opener against the Toronto Blue Jays. The Rangers are the only Major League Baseball team allowing full capacity seating at their ballpark, thanks in part to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott doing away with mask restrictions last month and allowing businesses to open at 100% capacity.

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.35.10 PM.png

CD

The Texas Rangers welcomed a crowd of at least 38,000 fans to Globe Life Field in Arlington Monday for the team's home opener against the Toronto Blue Jays. The Rangers are the only Major League Baseball team allowing full capacity seating at their ballpark, thanks in part to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott doing away with mask restrictions last month and allowing businesses to open at 100% capacity.

View attachment 60635

CD
That's nucking futz, as they say.

It has been said on the news that once you've had your 2 vaccines shots, you can travel as often as you want. But you still must wear a mask. :whistling:

It has been said on the news that once you've had your 2 vaccines shots, you can travel as often as you want. But you still must wear a mask. :whistling:

Here is the thing about Covid. Even with the vaccine, you can still CATCH the virus, but you won't get sick, or at least seriously sick. The problem is, that if you catch it, you can pass it on to other people, many of whom are not yet vaccinated, and they can get seriously sick.

Once enough people are fully vaccinated, we should reach "herd immunity," which will really limit the ability for the virus to spread. At that point, we should be able to give up our masks.

BTW, if a vaccine has an efficacy of 90-percent, then 90-percent of the people who are exposed to the virus will not get sick at all. The other 10-percent who are exposed to the virus should only experience mild symptoms. Considering that the average annual flu shots have only 50 to 70-percent efficacy rates, the Covid vaccines are very impressive.

CD

With more people ordering carry-out (takeaway) in the States, we have a new problem:

Ketchup shortage hits restaurants across the United States

I have embraced the idea of using things other than ketchup on my fries, so this isn't an issue with me, but I know people who will find this to be problematic. Ms. Late Night, for one, likes to use a 1:1 ketchup:fries ratio (and I'm probably being a bit generous here...she would happily use more ketchup).

Back
Top Bottom