How is the corona virus affecting you?

I presume the student being tested - that is, if they live with or have had recent contact with their mother.
Well the student lives with her mother and father, as she is a minor. The mother texted me this morning that the student has no symptoms and they (docs) are not willing to send the student to get tested.
I took an extra 1500 mg of vitamin C to the usual 500 mg and am hoping masks are effective and the student did not get it from her mother.
I felt p+++++ off to why they did not tell me that the mother is getting tested yesterday. We would have canceled the lesson.
i am an idiot. This was not an obligatory lesson, it was during the break. it is not paid. Ok headmaster had encouraged to work through the break.

They forgot how to play baseball. :laugh: Seriously, they've been one of the worst teams in the league over the last 10 years.
Oh I see, well that happens sometimes... there are down and up periods... as far as I know the Croatian basketball and handball teams have had or are havin, unsure, their down periods...sometimes when new players get in and a new coach things may lift... do you think it will?

Well the student lives with her mother and father, as she is a minor. The mother texted me this morning that the student has no symptoms and they (docs) are not willing to send the student to get tested.

Here, the whole family would be required to quarantine. The trouble is that children are generally asymptomatic but can still transmit the virus.

Here, the whole family would be expected to quarantine. The trouble is that children are generally asymptomatic but can still transmit the virus.

As far as I know, children don't have to get the shots right now. I think that they will sometime later though. I think it's just adults & the elderly right now. But shouldn't the kids be getting it also? Infants, older children & teens should get shots also!! :eek::(

As far as I know, children don't have to get the shots right now. I think that they will sometime later though. I think it's just adults & the elderly right now. But shouldn't the kids be getting it also? Infants, older children & teens should get shots also!! :eek::(

The shots have not yet been approved for use with young children. I believe Pfizer has done trials down to 12 years old, but the results will still have to be approved by government agencies.

CD

Here, the whole family would be required to quarantine. The trouble is that children are generally asymptomatic but can still transmit the virus.
Yes, here too, the child is in quarantine as of today. True that theyy can carry the virus...I only wish I knew the mother went for the testing. Out of precaution, we would have canceled the lesson, lowers the risk.
Well it is what it is now...I hope I did not transfer to my boyfriend...I will not be visiting the dear lady my piano teacher nor my parents out of precaution...

Yes, here too, the child is in quarantine as of today. True that theyy can carry the virus...I only wish I knew the mother went for the testing. Out of precaution, we would have canceled the lesson, lowers the risk.
Well it is what it is now...I hope I did not transfer to my boyfriend...I will not be visiting the dear lady my piano teacher nor my parents out of precaution...
To clarify what Morning Glory said, in Britain the whole family must isolate from the point when somebody books a test, not from when they get the result

I spoke to my work counterpart in Dunton earlier today, asking how things are going. He said that there's still a recommended limit for outdoor gathering of no more than 6 people. But, apparently, a lot is changing for businesses starting Monday:
  • Pubs and restaurants can reopen for outdoor service
  • Hairdressers can reopen
  • Shops can reopen
  • Indoor gyms and sports facilities can reopen

To clarify what Morning Glory said, in Britain the whole family must isolate from the point when somebody books a test, not from when they get the result
that would have been so much better! Totally agree. I am still shocked how the mother would not let me know that she went for testing.

Exactly my point! Did not add it in the reply to MOrningGlory, there is always this weird gap between the finding out something is wrong, getting to one's doc, booking a test, doing the test and getting the result.

And it is absolute nonsense to have family members running arround doing whatever they do whilst the result comes.

I spoke to my work counterpart in Dunton earlier today, asking how things are going. He said that there's still a recommended limit for outdoor gathering of no more than 6 people. But, apparently, a lot is changing for businesses starting Monday:
  • Shops can reopen
Yes, we move into the next phase of reopening in a couple of days. We will remain at this phase for five weeks whilst the effects are monitored and vaccination continues, then the next phase will be allowing food and drink inside pubs in groups of up to 6 and larger gatherings outside. Finally on 21st June all restrictions should be lifted, but mask wearing may remain.

Yes, we move into the next phase of reopening in a couple of days. We will remain at this phase for five weeks whilst the effects are monitored and vaccination continues, then the next phase will be allowing food and drink inside pubs in groups of up to 6 and larger gatherings outside. Finally on 21st June all restrictions should be lifted, but mask wearing may remain.
Sounds like a good plan. May it be as planned.

• Shops can reopen

Everything in Texas is 100-percent open, and masks are not required by the State. Right now, businesses are allowed to keep mask requirements and limit capacity, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Everything in Texas is 100-percent open, and masks are not required by the State
Wow. Have the numbers dropped significantly? I remember you mentioned it earlier in a post, but it felt more of like 'we are fed up'...maybe my impression was wrong...

Around yesteday's Govt decision here in Croatia to get 60% of the students online starting Mon, there was a huge number escalation going on. For comparison, a month ago when terraces of cafes opened and gyms, we had around 0 cases (one of the days, fascinating), or two digit numbers, today 2600 new confirmed cases, and yesterday 3100, if I remember the numbers correctly, I read them early this morning.

Back
Top Bottom