How is the corona virus affecting you?

Ford Motor Company (my employer) has come through in a big way for me and other Ford employees. They have made special arrangements to vaccinate employees and family members this week. I will bring my son Monday and my daughter Tuesday. This is such a tremendous relief.

Ford Motor Company (my employer) has come through in a big way for me and other Ford employees. They have made special arrangements to vaccinate employees and family members this week. I will bring my son Monday and my daughter Tuesday. This is such a tremendous relief.

That sounds awesome, I don't know when grandkids get done or if it's through their schools?

We are one of the slowest to start jabs in the world along with Japan. Less than 2% per 1000, whereas most of the world are 20%. Sweden 29%.

Russ

That sounds awesome, I don't know when grandkids get done or if it's through their schools?

We are one of the slowest to start jabs in the world along with Japan. Less than 2% per 1000, whereas most of the world are 20%. Sweden 29%.

Russ

As of today, more than 183 million doses have been administered, fully vaccinating over 70 million people or 21.3% of the total U.S. population. Still a ways to go.

CD

As of today, more than 183 million doses have been administered, fully vaccinating over 70 million people or 21.3% of the total U.S. population. Still a ways to go.

CD
Do you think like I do that China owes every country compensation for all this crap they put on all of us??

Russ

Do you think like I do that China owes every country compensation for all this crap they put on all of us??

Russ

Well, to be honest, this virus could have started in any number of countries. Epidemics over history have started on virtually every continent, and in most countries -- including NZ.

Trump blamed China for the virus, and Asian Americans are being physically attacked here, and Asian American businesses vandalized.

I am more angry at Trump and his administration for not taking Covid-19 seriously. The US death toll could have been a fraction of what it is if he would have taken the virus seriously, and taken the right actions.

CD

Some of the tabloid rags laughably known as newspapers are throwing out headlines about A & E departments being "swamped" (one of their favourite words, usually aimed at immigrants) by people suffering side effects from the Astra-Zeneca vaccine. This kind of bobbins doesn't help anybody.

We also see a worrying large number of stories about younger people who are saying they have no intention of receiving a vaccine, apparently because the virus won't have any effect on them. Really? And more importantly, even if it doesn't knock you out personally, you can still transmit the filthy thing to lots of other people. Sometimes there are people you just want to bang on the head, although of course someone would need to spend an age cleaning up all the sawdust.

We have had a massive surge in new cases (massive for us, anyway). Almost 1,000 reported in one day and tomorrow is Songkhran (Thai New Year) so it's bound to get worse.

We probably have sufficient produce in the fridge and freezer to last us three weeks and enough beer for 10 days or so.

Russ
It is great to have support around vaccination. Croatia is still quite low. Around 10-11% of the population, if I am not mistaken.

Today is the first day of re-introduced online schooling. I am quite nervous as both kid and I have/hold classes throughout the day in the flat, plus meals,plus laundry...her friends call up to ask about homework, I text...aside from cutting my nail a tiny bit while grating cheese for lunch...so far so good.
Most likely next week I will be able to go to the school to teach.
Cases today are 1600...lower than the peak, but still very very high.

We also see a worrying large number of stories about younger people who are saying they have no intention of receiving a vaccine, apparently because the virus won't have any effect on them. Really? And more importantly, even if it doesn't knock you out personally, you can still transmit the filthy thing to lots of other people.

One thing the young idiots don't realize is that they will likely still have long-term effects after recovery, such as lung issues and an increased risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

Maybe she stopped wearing bras. I more or less stopped when lock down started.
There is NO way a man would wear a tight, uncomfortable and hot piece of lingerie under their clothes (I mean, if they aren't already into that scene ;-) for several hours every day. If they had to wear one, a better one would have been invented already.

If I were to guess, I'd say it's because your country did such a phenomenal job with containing the outbreak, and maybe Ms. Ardern is less motivated to fight with other countries where the need is more urgent.

If I were to guess, I'd say it's because your country did such a phenomenal job with containing the outbreak, and maybe Ms. Ardern is less motivated to fight with other countries where the need is more urgent.
That's an excellent point an one that gets missed a lot. We (the world) are approaching this problem (like we do everything else) with an "Each country must take care of itself" attitude, which, the more connected the world gets, is more and more dangerous.

Herd immunity means herd immunity around the world, and it's not going to get completely under control if, say, the US and all the other First World countries do a bang-up job at vaccinating, but we leave the Third World to fend largely for itself. This is one of those things where, IMO, the vaccine needs to go where the virus is the most out of control, and that's how you stop it in its tracks.

In a broader sense, it's why things like Brexit bother me so much, because I think ultimately, we do better as a whole when we band together and stop thinking in old-fashioned nation-state terms, and start thinking in one-world terms, with the goal being, what's good for the planet as a whole, not what's good for me in my locale/state/province/country. Yeah, you might have to lose a little locally, but if it helps everyone as a whole, it'll pay off down the line.

Ok, off my crazy liberal soapbox. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom