How is the corona virus affecting you?

In the last seven days there have only been 110 deaths, down another 31% on the week before, and now there are only 1450 people in hospital. Some areas of Britain have seen no deaths for over a month.

The South Asian communities, those with heritage from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are by far the worst affected. Obesity, heart disease and diabetes have been identified globally as the major risk factors, and unfortunately they are huge problems in those groups in the UK, along with the generally lower vaccine uptake due to misinformation and poor Government communication in languages other than English.

Source as always: BBC

In the last seven days there have only been 110 deaths, down another 31% on the week before, and now there are only 1450 people in hospital. Some areas of Britain have seen no deaths for over a month.

The South Asian communities, those with heritage from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are by far the worst affected. Obesity, heart disease and diabetes have been identified globally as the major risk factors, and unfortunately they are huge problems in those groups in the UK, along with the generally lower vaccine uptake due to misinformation and poor Government communication in languages other than English.

Source as always: BBC
Well part of the post is good news, part if it is sad. I noticed I tend to hit acc to the last part...

My caregiver called in sick today. I've been in touch with her all weekend because she got her 2nd shot on Friday. She said it feels like a really, really bad flu. I told her to stay hydrated and rest as much as she can.

Did any of you go through that? What can I do to help her?

My caregiver called in sick today. I've been in touch with her all weekend because she got her 2nd shot on Friday. She said it feels like a really, really bad flu. I told her to stay hydrated and rest as much as she can.

No, just felt tired and run down, besides my COVID arm symptoms. But, I've heard of this. Fortunately, it only seems to last for a day or 2. Just rest and fluids from what I hear.

I had the side effects. Just stay hydrated and sleep it off, it passes quickly. Take a strong reaction to mean the immune system is doing its job, so that is a good thing.

You may still want to see samples, as not all whites are... white. Or a similar white to each other.
Doing my best Bubba-From-Forrest-Gump impression:

"There's white...off-white, near-white, true white...Arctic white, ecru, pearl...cloud white, snow, cream, pure white...chalk, whisper white...extra white, super white, extreme white...cotton white, paper white, Winter white..."

You may still want to see samples, as not all whites are... white. Or a similar white to each other.
Thanks...We ended up with a grey pattern, almost a marble type look...rubber tiles...It's not my property, so as long as it is durable, easy to install and I get a few years out of it..after that, I don't care..lol

Went in to pick up a prescription and the pharmacy had a big sign out offering no-appointment vaccines. That's a first for this location.

Not a soul in the vaccine waiting area, though.

Back
Top Bottom