How is the corona virus affecting you?

The number of fully vaccinated people in the Netherlands is now 5.875.492. So incredibly slow.. :scratchhead: I'll be one of them next week,I am very lucky that my doctor fought to get me on the priority list. We're a country of 17,28 million people so these numbers are just far too low after the vaccination programme has started 6 months ago!

Vaccinaties | Coronadashboard | Rijksoverheid.nl

Our county is really leveling out and holding fairly steady in the mid-30's for starting the shot and low-30's for completing it. I doubt we'll ever get out of the 30's with it.

The state is better as it's about 10% higher for both numbers.

When I went to visit some friends earlier this month, I told them that I was fully vaccinated. I asked them were they planning to be vaccinated, & they told me that they refuse to do it!! Not only that. They said that they will not let the kids be vaccinated either!! Said that they are too afraid of getting sick, or possibly dying!! I told them that's not really true. Even though some have died, they shouldn't think it'll happen to them!! :eek:

When I went to visit some friends earlier this month, I told them that I was fully vaccinated. I asked them were they planning to be vaccinated, & they told me that they refuse to do it!! Not only that. They said that they will not let the kids be vaccinated either!! Said that they are too afraid of getting sick, or possibly dying!! I told them that's not really true. Even though some have died, they shouldn't think it'll happen to them!! :eek:

They better stay in the house too, or they could get struck by lightning. :ohmy:

CD

Update: Sore right arm... have to convince the cat not to rest on it. (which is called shoving her away....)

Chills, and a slightly achy neck and a bit of tiredness. But overall a lot better than I've heard other folks have had with the second shot. NO nausea or loss of appetite. Going out in a few minutes to deal with a chicken issue, but I figured I would give them some time (and wait for the weather to mellow out a bit outside ) first.

Update: Sore right arm... have to convince the cat not to rest on it. (which is called shoving her away....)

Chills, and a slightly achy neck and a bit of tiredness. But overall a lot better than I've heard other folks have had with the second shot. NO nausea or loss of appetite. Going out in a few minutes to deal with a chicken issue, but I figured I would give them some time (and wait for the weather to mellow out a bit outside ) first.
:hug:you did it though! congrats

My husband is getting his first shot on June 2d, I'm getting my second on June 3d. My husband is getting Moderna and I have gotten Pfizer. So from next week on, we're both vaccinated. Me fully, and he partially. That is a good feeling!

I was wrong, my husband is getting Johnson (J&J) so he will only need one shot. Which means we'll both be fully vacced next week :sun:

I had those after the 2nd shot. Thank God that it only lasted a day or so!! :eek:

I went to Walmart for some ribs to smoke (the location near me actually has excellent meats), and the Pharmacist was on the PA telling people they had Moderna vaccines for FREE at the pharmacy, no appointment, just come to the pharmacy.

I'd say that nobody where I live can use availability of appointments as an excuse anymore.

CD

After six full months, the lockdown here is finally being eased as the number of covid cases continues to go down.

- Restaurants can now receive 50 guests at a time
- Sports facilities are open on reservation
- A family can receive 4 guests at home
- Events are allowed, but people need a negative covid test to enter. Vaccination makes no difference
- Museums, cultural venues and bars are opened
- Alcohol can be sold until 22.00 ( used to be 20.00)

So as my husband and I will be fully vaccinated next week, we reserved a spot at our favorite sushi restaurant to celebrate next weekend!

Here in Massachusetts also!! Some of the covid-19 restrictions have been relaxed. Those who are fully vaccinated can now go outside without the masks. Still have to wear one inside, such as stores & public transportation though. Restaurants are at 50% capacity. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom