How is the corona virus affecting you?

I had heard of the nightmare long waits at testing sites, ugh. I think it's more likely you got it at the indoor unmasked wedding than while masked outdoors, don't you?

These days the slightest sneeze or twinge of a cough/sore throat is enough to scare anyone. I haven't gone anywhere since Monday 12/27 and I double masked to go inside of a store for less than 10 minutes. But yet I woke up with a swollen gland in my throat and stuffy head yesterday and it scared the crap out of me. Hubby hasn't been anywhere and has 0 symptoms. I have such horrible allergies that in the past the weather change or something else easily triggered a flareup, so that's all it must have been since I feel fine today. Still it was worriesome. But a 9-10 day incubation period is stretching it from what I have read. Not impossible, but a reach, especially since I was wearing a N95 mask and a loose fitting cloth mask over it (so the fit of the N95 was not compromised) and was inside the store for such a short period of time. And today I am well.
The wedding was open-air, but yes, it is more likely that the wedding on the 27th was my point of contact.

The wedding was open-air, but yes, it is more likely that the wedding on the 27th was my point of contact.
Ahh, I see. I remember what it was like to live in Florida during the winter and be able to do stuff like that outside :cool: It's cold here today, 25F and tonight going down to 16F (about -9C).

Ahh, I see. I remember what it was like to live in Florida during the winter and be able to do stuff like that outside :cool: It's cold here today, 25F and tonight going down to 16F (about -9C).
Correct, its bearable for about 2 months out of the year, and the other 10 are either hot or raining, or both LOL!

Correct, its bearable for about 2 months out of the year, and the other 10 are either hot or raining, or both LOL!
I get it. North Florida (Destin) is where I grew up and the winter can be quite chilly in late January through early March, but there are lots of lovely days as well. And it really doesn't rain much on the beach, it's mostly inland. It can be sunny and beautiful on the beach in May and June and storming 30 miles north.

Here we have about 5 months of decent weather and the rest of the time it is gray and cool/cold/freezing. I think people in Ohio have the biggest deficiency of vitamin D in the entire US.

Well, hubby has just had one of those text messages... so it's a sit and wait game now. Rules here are changing all the time so right now because he has had 2 vaccinations, he doesn't need to isolate if he has no symptoms. So we sit and wait and keep our fingers crossed. Currently he has no symptoms.

He also can't get his booster until the end of January because the rules for January are if your last shot was more than 4 months ago then you're eligible. But right at the point where the rules change to 3 months is when his 4 month period is up... :o_o:

Well, hubby has just had one of those text messages... so it's a sit and wait game now. Rules here are changing all the time so right now because he has had 2 vaccinations, he doesn't need to isolate if he has no symptoms. So we sit and wait and keep our fingers crossed. Currently he has no symptoms.

He also can't get his booster until the end of January because the rules for January are if your last shot was more than 4 months ago then you're eligible. But right at the point where the rules change to 3 months is when his 4 month period is up... :o_o:
I'd like to think that the booster had something to do with my case being so mild. I encourage anyone to get it when they meet eligibility. I hope you and your hubby stay safe and healthy!

I'd like to think that the booster had something to do with my case being so mild. I encourage anyone to get it when they meet eligibility. I hope you and your hubby stay safe and healthy!
You also just picked up natural immunity now.....I'm kinda jeolous. :okay:
I get my booster Saturday, I've delayed it until now to maximize it's effectiveness and because I'm compelled to get boosted.

My colleague and her partner are both triple vaccinated, both kids have had 1 vaccine each so far. They are careful, masks, distancing etc...
Christmas eve the son tested positive, Christmas day her partner tested positive, boxing day she tested positive so they had a pretty lousy break because they couldn't go anywhere. Their daughter was and still is negative.
She is understandably annoyed.

Update: by around "Exposure + 11 days" which was Saturday, my symptoms were gone... but a home test kit still said "positive".
Today (exposure + 13 days), I'm back to feeling 100% but I will not waste another test kit. I have read that even after recovering, one can still test positive for a while. I will chance it on Wednesday when I go for another Antigen test.
Also of note: home quarantine has been successful thus far with wife testing negative on PCR this weekend.
Remain vigilant my friends!

My colleague and her partner are both triple vaccinated, both kids have had 1 vaccine each so far. They are careful, masks, distancing etc...
Christmas eve the son tested positive, Christmas day her partner tested positive, boxing day she tested positive so they had a pretty lousy break because they couldn't go anywhere. Their daughter was and still is negative.
She is understandably annoyed.
Sorry to hear that she's annoyed. Hopefully she gets out soon and feels better.

*Gross ideas to follow*

A facebook post popped up on my timeline where an antivaxer referred to those refusing vaccines now calling themselves "Pure Bloods" Silly stuff, but in the comments one chap said "Pure Blood semen is the new Bitcoin" :headshake:I couldn't stop myself replying "Your mum must wash away so much money when she cleans your bedsheets".

He didn't like it :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom