How many meals do you eat each day?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:15 PM
How many meals and snacks do you eat each day and which ones are most important to you? I write here as someone who eats very oddly - I eat one very late meal per day which is not usually very calorific. Tasting the food I cook happens all day and usually I have some sort of snack like a small slice of bread and Marmite or a boiled egg if I get hungry.

I'd be first to admit my diet is dreadful. I cook obsessively but eat little unless I'm on holiday or visiting a restaurant. But what about you? How many meals and snacks do you have and what times of day? And which are most important to you?

If we are working out of the house I try to make a big breakfast to keep us going. This is usually 1 or 2 slices of gf bread, 1-2 eggs and mushrooms. Or avocado on toast.

Lunch would then probably be skipped or will be home made soup from the freezer and we eat when we get home between 4 and 7. That is likely to be leftovers or a home made meal from the freezer. The frozen meal is most likely some sort of curry as I always make extra to freeze.

If working from home sitting at our desks we have a lighter breakfast of fruit or muesli. Lunch will be soup, usually fresh as I take the opportunity as my desk is by the kitchen. Then I'll cook something in the evening and freeze some portions along with the soup.

Weekends I try to experiment or make a big roast so we have leftovers for a few days.

Any snack will be fruit and nuts or a bag of Seabrook 's crisps. Lately I've been snacking on celery or carrot with tahini dressing as a dip.

Being a vampire, I usually get in 2 meals a day. My main meal is had somewhere between 10 PM and 1 AM, with a second smaller meal when I get home in the morning.

I guess my snack would be to do my best to be at the dinner table every evening with my family, where I pick at whatever my wife has made for she and the boy.

I sometimes eat breakfast but usually only one meal. Around 1500 - 1600 hours.

When I was working on site, the meal times were:

Breakfast between 09:00 - 11:00

Dinner between 15:00 -17:00

The working day was 06:00 - 18:00 plus.

Usually 3 meals a day but with breakfast often being before 6am I will having something around 9am as well. Lunch/dinner is around 12 pm and I'll have something again around 4pm, before an evening meal at around 6-7pm.

Back
Top Bottom