How many of you still like to go out & 'kick it" with your friends>

Oh, there is a "not like" ? I was not aware of that.

Sad and Sorry is not really good though, but it may just be the , well who knows.

Still I stand with me, I will always tell the truth. What I said about British cooking, well that is what I heard and I am sure something will come up to rebut that. Also the guy who said it is a bit picky about things. But he has been there and I have not.

I do not want to tick off nice friendly people, so sometimes try to bear with me.

T

We have friends coming tonight (sat here) two couples of very good friends who will be here about 6pm drinks and three course meal by me. Cards until midnight, that's our entertainment and we do this regularly with different friends. Some friends don't get on with others so we have to choose.
They will bring red wine as my treat. Nice Merlots. We've been doing this for many years.
Ribs are normally sore the next day.

Russ

Without this virus I would have a good business plan - a bar/restaurant with pickup and delivery. Just get a coupe of drivers for cheap wages but give them whatever fees. I figure ten bucks for so many miles and then so much a mile after that. Eat, drink and get a buzz on and don't worry about a ticket on the way home.

You could call your business UBER. Oh, wait... :facepalm:

CD

Some cities & states have begun to ease up on covid-19 restrictions. New York, for one, is coming out of its shell, so are others. Washington, DC is another one. :whistling:

Texas is wide open. No restrictions on restaurants and bars -- 100-percent open. No mask requirements, either.

Now, just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

CD

I had to look it up, thought maybe I had played it but no. I see it is similar to spades and pinochle but with a changing trump.

I am pretty good at spades and pinochle, I have played 66 though I forgot how, and hearts which is almost like a reverse pinochle - the lowest score wins.

Playing cards after dinner was like a tradition. At Grandma's and Grampa's after eating the Men would go itot he basement and play. The Women exprected the occasionaall "Aha" or "TRUMP" eclained loudly, like when an unexpected trump came up.

Still, Grampa was the best player, as such nobody wnted to begi partner, being the youngest that fell to me.

T

Oh, there is a "not like" ? I was not aware of that.

Sad and Sorry is not really good though, but it may just be the , well who knows.

Still I stand with me, I will always tell the truth. What I said about British cooking, well that is what I heard and I am sure something will come up to rebut that. Also the guy who said it is a bit picky about things. But he has been there and I have not.

I do not want to tick off nice friendly people, so sometimes try to bear with me.

T
No, there is not a "not like" button. Sad or sorry, again, does not mean that we don't like what you said.

We had a "not like" button added on another forum - that lasted about three days before they removed it. :laugh:
I think everyone here has a pretty thick skin and also the tact just to ignore boorish behavior. I've seen a few minor tiffs here and there amongst a few regulars but nothing that didn't get smoothed over quickly. It's a nice group of people here overall, but internet forum posts can get misinterpreted easily.

I think everyone here has a pretty thick skin and also the tact just to ignore boorish behavior. I've seen a few minor tiffs here and there amongst a few regulars but nothing that didn't get smoothed over quickly. It's a nice group of people here overall, but internet forum posts can get misinterpreted easily.

In the time of Covid, this is where I go to "kick it" with my friends. If my internet goes down, it's like "NOOOOOOOO, my friends are all dead!!!!" :eek:

You are right, as expected with any large group of humans, we do "irritate" each other from time to time, but as I get older, I tend to "get over it" a lot better than I used to.

Plus, there are people on this forum that I enjoy "messing with," like a certain member who considers himself "tasty." :rolleyes::D

CD

Back
Top Bottom