How many of you still like to go out & 'kick it" with your friends>

Because of Covid-19 and the 2016 election, my friends' pool narrowed considerably. This forum helped me cope.

It probably didn't improve with the 2020 "stolen" election. I haven't lost any friends over that, but I don't like to "kick it" with my family all that much. When I do go to Houston to visit family, I now stay at my sister's house, and we have an unspoken agreement to avoid political discussions. So, as dysfunctional as it is, we somehow seem to make it work.

CD

It probably didn't improve with the 2020 "stolen" election. I haven't lost any friends over that, but I don't like to "kick it" with my family all that much. When I do go to Houston to visit family, I now stay at my sister's house, and we have an unspoken agreement to avoid political discussions. So, as dysfunctional as it is, we somehow seem to make it work.

CD
There are 2 of my 5 siblings who are Trump supporters. I haven't seen either of them since our mother died in 2015, and one of them I am not on speaking terms with (for a myriad of reasons). For that matter, none of my sensible siblings have spoken to either one of them since the election.

Any friends I lost in 2016 really aren't missed, and actually a few people came to their senses January 6 after the storming of the capitol by the evil one's supporters. But it's just not the same.

Back
Top Bottom