How many places do you set up to eat, inside your house (or outdoors)?

I just thought of this photo, and found it.

When I do sit at the kitchen table, it is an antique, solid oak table that my maternal grandparents bought new when the were newlyweds. The chairs vaporized, apparently, because I never got them. So, I built matching oak benches.

I also built a dog-sized matching table. That's where psycho-poodle eats.

TeddyTable.jpg

CD

Coincidentally I ate at the kitchen table only yesterday and that was the first time in months. Normally I eat on the stoep, the food placed upon the stoep rail.

My wife eats either at the coffee table in the lounge, the floor of the lounge or the floor of the stoep (on a raffia mat) or, if we have company, on a raffia mat or two on a shady area of the front lawn.

Wow TastyReuben such a great house! I love the bar.

Here in the Netherlands houses are a lot smaller, usually there is only space for one dining area and maybe a garden. We have a dining table in the living room and a big balcony with the option to put a dining table there too but we're not that fond of eating outside due to my wasp allergy.

So we have a dining table and occasionally we'll eat on the couch when the kids arent here and we order pizza or some other takeaway.

I just thought of this photo, and found it.

When I do sit at the kitchen table, it is an antique, solid oak table that my maternal grandparents bought new when the were newlyweds. The chairs vaporized, apparently, because I never got them. So, I built matching oak benches.

I also built a dog-sized matching table. That's where psycho-poodle eats.

View attachment 39736

CD

I love the dog table. You are obviously quite a carpenter. :okay:

We have a kitchen-diner...it was one of my must-haves when we bought this house. So our six seater dining table is in the kitchen, it extends and can seat up to 10 if you squish up close, though there's not really enough space in the dining area for that. We eat at the table virtually every evening - the only times we don't are because we're eating outside. We also have a couple of high stools at the kitchen island and will often eat breakfast or lunch there.

Outside we have a choice of two places to eat: on the garden corner dining dining set (its a garden sofa, but a taller version so its the right height to sit at a dining table, which is great when you don't have room in the garden for a dining set and a sofa set):
daAn3eal.jpg

Or if we can't be bothered to get the cushions out for the sofa, we have a seat built into our raised beds:
IVSknjrl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom