How much does bread cost where you live?

Used To be .99cnot long ago but it’s crept up to $2 cheap as chips, the loaf my wife buys for me is $2also and it’s so soft and keeps for a week.
Couplands bakery here are nation wide owned by Ray coupland a racing guy, who I kinda know.
Ywife gets fredas bread, about $5a loaf.

Russ

What's wrong with white bread? There is nothing better for a bacon butty!

That's right! White bread is the only correct bread for a bacon sarnie! :). It just doesn't work on some artisan wholegrain loaf with thick leathery crusts and dry middle.

As for how much a large white loaf costs in Singapore; it's equivalent to about USD $2 - $2.50.

A supermarket baguette is about the same. If you go to an independent bakery it will be $3 - $4.

The cheapest loaf I eat is 85 eurocents ( so just about as much as the pic in OP) but for a 400 g loaf, so half Morning Glory s example loaf. I use that for toast and grilled cheese.

But my usual bread is sourdough white from a local artisan baker, at 3 euro for a loaf of 500 g. I don't eat much bread so that lasts me a week and is significantly tastier. But a luxury for sure.

Bread in general in supermarkets here costs between 1 euro and 2. Same for most bakeries. Doesn't matter if it's white or whole grain

Here cheapest $2.00 it goes up to like almost $4. 50. I don't buy bread at the grocery store I go to store with a member ship get 2 loafs for $4.89. been a while since getting bread. Have no desire to get bread.

Back
Top Bottom