How much of vanilla stick should I use instead of 4 drops of extract?

netheaton

Local time
8:51 PM
Hello. I want to make a cheese cake. The recipe says I should use 4 drops of vanilla aroma (does it mean vanilla extract?) but I have one fresh vanilla stick I would like to use instead. However, I don't know how much of it should I use. Do you have any idea?

I very seldom use vanilla beans to cook with. I mainly either scrape the beans out after dividing them in half to flavor things like ice cream. Or I leave them whole to flavor sugar to save for baking. :wink:

The thing is though I already have the vanilla bean and I need to get rid of it. That's why I want to use it instead of vanilla extract which I don't own anyway. I've never used vanilla for any recipe so have no idea how much should I add to the cake. The recipe says 4 drops of vanilla aroma. How much of the vanilla bean would be equal to that? A half of one? More or less...

The thing is though I already have the vanilla bean and I need to get rid of it. That's why I want to use it instead of vanilla extract which I don't own anyway. I've never used vanilla for any recipe so have no idea how much should I add to the cake. The recipe says 4 drops of vanilla aroma. How much of the vanilla bean would be equal to that? A half of one? More or less...

I'd say 1 vanilla bean - split the bean vertically, scrape out all the seeds and add them to the cheese before mixing.

What mg just said, I use extract for my brulees. I do have beans but I'm too lazy to do the process, it's a man thing I think, the quick root!!

Russ

Put the pod in with some sugar after you scrape the beans out and let it sit for a few days. You'll have vanilla flavored sugar.

Back
Top Bottom