How Often Do You Use Your Smart Phone?

How Often Do You Use Your Smart Phone?

• Constantly. I am voting on this topic using my phone now!

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Frequently. I don't plan it, but it just turns out that way.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Occasionally. I use it only for essential things, like calling people and locating destinations.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Rarely. I try to avoid using it.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • N/A. You mean it's not that thing on my wall with a cord?

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
I'm on my phone way to much, I have cut it down considerably.Yet, I don't use a laptop or anything else. I find myself reminding myself, once upon a time I didn't "need" my phone so much. We now have no phone times in our home. Our no phone rule: when company is over, family time, and minimal to nothing while away from the house, have been very beneficial. It took time to break the habit though. I would even say an addiction of sorts.

Last edited:
I'm on my phone way to much, I have cut it down considerably.YetI don't use a laptop or anything else. I find myself reminding myself, once upon a time I didn't "need" my phone so much. We now have no phone times in our home. Our no phone rule: when company is over, family time, and minimal to nothing while away from the house, have been very beneficial. It took time to break the habit though. I would even say an addiction of sorts.

Do your kids have phones? I don't know how old they are but it seems that kids are getting their own phones younger and younger.

Do your kids have phones?

My kids are 12, 9, and 3. My older ones have phones. It's a simple flip phone. We don't have a house phone. They are restricted to who they may call, receive calls, texts. For us, we wanted them to have a phone because they have their activities. It's been nice to have this security. They know that their phones stay in the bag unless they need to call. So far, so good...

Can they access the internet via their phones? I think that is what most parents worry about.

No, they can't. We are concerned about this too. Call, text, that is all they need. Their phones stay on a shelf when at home. They can only use them in our family room. We don't want them to be addicted to them. They have friends, who can't even have a get together without holding onto their phones. Hence, everyone puts their phones on the shelf, lets actually talk and have fun.

I use mine mainly for food photography. In fact all my food photos are now taken with the Galaxy S7 smartphone. Otherwise I use it to text, to phone people, to look up things like places or if a question suddenly crops up about something. But for the forum I really only use the MacBook Pro. Smartphones aren't really the best fit with forums which are more about extended dialogue. I also like to see images on a bigger screen. Plus, I hate tying on a smartphone unless its a short text. The idea of trying to type out a recipe for the forum on a smartphone is not something I would relish.
I couldn't agree more re typing & typing recipes on a phone.

Back
Top Bottom