How to clean fish

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
7:39 AM
I love cooking fish and when l cook fish l either fry it or place it in the oven, cleaning the fish is really important and if not done properly the fish will end up with a raw smell or even worse a raw taste so this is how l clean my fish. My favourite fish is carribean snapper and you can get red or yellow snapper, when buying fish always ask the fishmonger to gut and descale the fish which makes cleaning a little easier. Take a pair or sharp scissors and put off the tail and fins and pull out the gills, wash your fish with water including inside and then take a lemon and wash the fish on the outside with the lemon not forgetting to rub the lemon into the skin. Then do the same on the inside, once done wash out the lemon and season your fish overnight.
Done:)

When I cook fish I mostly smoke it. No need to even take off the scales, I cut off the head and open the stomach, pull out all the insides and then all that is left to do is to wash them thoroughly before smoking them. So delicious!

I love smoked fish and you can buy it here in the supermarket but it costs more:(

Back
Top Bottom