I love the smell of bread baking!

Homemade bread cooking is one of the best smells ever. It brings me back to my childhood days when my mom would cook bread every second day. The glorious smell. We would all sit around and wait for it to come out of the oven so we could have a warm piece of bread with butter or peanut butter. It was so good! I have never made my own bread but a few of my sisters make their own bread. When I go to their house and they are making bread to takes me back home.

My mother bakes bread in the oven.
When I am visiting them or spending some time home I really like how I can smell the fresh smell of bread in the morning, or early afternoons. It sounds like a fairy tale and I can be really nostalgic for ma parent's place. I have many and many good cooking related memories from them.

The smell of a great bread is amazing. Its similar to the smell of coffee in the morning. I will have you know, while I love the smell of coffee and bread, I don't eat or drink either of them. While I will have the occasional toast I prefer to eat less carbs as possible. However, I do still adore the smell of even a cinnamon sticky bun baking. It brings me back to the baking days my family had.

Yes, it is hard to beat the smell of bread baking. It is just one of those smells that people seem to gravitate to like fresh baked cookies or cake. However, ther is something special about bread that kind of smells like home and that reminds people where they came from I think. IT is something that reminds people of a simpler tie.

Back
Top Bottom