I love the smell of bread baking!

zandi

Veteran
Local time
6:19 PM
I think the smell of bread baking makes a home feel more homey. There is just something so comforting, when you walk in a house and smell fresh bread. My sister always seems to have some in the oven. She always sends some home with me, but I loose out on having the aroma fill my house! Anyone else just melt to the smell of baking bread? Oh, it makes me hungry, right now, just thinking about it! :hyper:

I really love the smell of a bread while it is being bake in the oven and it also makes the house to smell good as well. Or sometimes if I am passing by a bakeshop the aroma or smell of a freshly baked bread makes me feel to crave eating during that moment and at the same time it gives a feeling of positive emotions to me.

Generally I do not eat very much bread, but I love the smell of bread baking just like I love the smell of coffee more than I like to drink coffee. I have a candle that smells like to coffee to give me the smell so I do not have to make coffee that I will not be drinking.

I love to smell fresh bread baking, also! There's a bakery in my neighborhood around the corner on the main street, and the owner always makes & bakes bread there late at night. And the bread in the oven reeks throughout the neighborhood with a very pleasant heavenly aroma!!! :wink:

Last edited:
Apparently it's the smell that estate agents say sells houses
I love the smell in the rural bakers in France ,all villages gave to have them and the smell is proper good

Nice!!

And speaking of selling, the landlord has sold the building that myself & another tenant have apartments in!
He was trying to throw us out on the street and lock us out of the building without first going to court!! I told him that he has to go to court first. He disputed me to the utmost, saying that according to the lease, he can throw us out in 30 days without court procedures!!! Told him to try it, & it'll be a criminal offense & that the lease is not valid anyway, because he raised the rent and the new increase is not reflected on the lease, plus he broke the lease by saying no pets, but himself and his son have dogs!

Long story short, I called City Hall, had them call him back & let him know that if he does what he had intended to do without first going to court, that he would be breaking the law and it's a criminal offense! He stopped harassing, bullying and trying to scare us!! He has to go to court, and we're disabled, which means that we can ask the judge for up to a year to find another apt, & I'm going to do it! So he can't touch us. :wink:

Last edited:
Oh yes, I love the smell too! I bake bread a lot at home too. I just love the whole process of bread making.....the kneading of the dough...the rising of the dough( the smell really starts forming there), the baking of the bread( the aroma is incredible and of course, the eating of the bread. Baking bread is just a wonderful experience all around to me.

Oh yes, I love the smell too! I bake bread a lot at home too. I just love the whole process of bread making.....the kneading of the dough...the rising of the dough( the smell really starts forming there), the baking of the bread( the aroma is incredible and of course, the eating of the bread. Baking bread is just a wonderful experience all around to me.
You should post a recipe for your bread! I too, love making bread but @SatNavSaysStraightOn is the hard core bread maker on the forum! She has her own sourdough of which I am envious. I tried to make a sourdough starter once and it sort of got neglected... you have to feed them regularly like a pet (except it doesn't whine or meow to remind you!):laugh:.

Last edited:
Indeed. I love it. Whether it was when my Grandma was baking it from a homemade recipe in the oven, or when my mom would bake a loaf in her breadmaker.... the smell of baking bread is a precious one! It can make one forget about their troubles, & want to do nothing but eat. Hah, speaking of which: I have heard of many real-estate agents (and I know one that has confessed, lol) showing up early before a viewing of the said 'estate' to bake a batch of cookies (usually a ready-made tube of cookie-dough) in the oven of the house they are showing. They then get rid of the cookies (let's hope they eat them, share them, or at least donate them to a homeless shelter!), do the dishes, and clean the oven before the 'potential buyers' come by.... just so that the house has been permeated with that 'Homey-comfort-food-baking-yumminess-'forget your problems & enjoy great food'-smell.' Sneaky!

It's looking like we all love the smell of bread baking in the house. Zandi, you said you loose out on having the aroma at your house. Don't you bake any bread? I too don't get the smell coming from my house as often as I would like being a little afraid of bread making but that's going to change....hopefully. Besides bread, I love the smell of baking generally.

One of the most attractive aroma is bread in the oven. Although I only had smelled that aroma in the local bakery, toasting bread at home exudes a similar aroma that is very appetizing. In the olden days, there was a nearby bakery in our house which bakes bread 24/7. My father would sometimes buy bread at night for an after-dinner snack. When he comes to the house with a pack of bread that's still hot, the house would be in chaos for we would be scrambling for the freshly-baked bread.

I love the smell of bread baking too. It is one of the best odors coming from the kitchen and it is unmistakable as well. If I had some yeast I would make it today. It is a cold snowy day here.

My mom has a bread maker and she makes bread about once a month. Every time she makes the fresh bread her house smells amazing. My kids love visiting and as soon as they smell the bread they can't wait to eat it. They just love bread and butter. I think the next best smell is the smell of baking cooking.

Back
Top Bottom