I Need a new stand mixer!

WOW @Shermie
You must bake a lot .
I am not much of a Baker
Much more of a savory home chef
I do enjoy my KA
I make bread at least twice each month
There are only two of us and G needs to limit his carbs.
Thinking about it I probably do not make bread that often
G has to travel a lot. When he is out of town I do not do much baking or cooking.
I would be interested to know what you find different and better about your new machine

Ok.

For one, there is no overhead motor head to get in the way. You add ingredients as you wish through the splash guard which has an open lid that goes hallway around the top of the work bowl. Close the lid when you're done. This feature lets you add ingredients right into the bowl without the mess that is associated with most machines that have a motor head. I may still buy one like that, but this machine frees me from that obstruction.

Secondly, the motor that powers the drive post is in the base hidden from sight. it uses a transmission to drive the post that powers everything. You can view the machine as it is working from the see-through lid & cover. It is very quiet in operation, unlike the Wondermix mixer, which I had first thought about getting.

Third, the drive post itself is made of pure stainless steel. It won't rust, corrode or fall apart or wear out, like the one for the Wondermix machine. The post on that is made from a cheap & flimsy nylon plastic, which users have complained immensely about! The dough hook & small wire wisks are also made from stainless steel! The bowl on the Wondermix bends & flexes as you make dough. That does not happen with the Nutrimill Artiste!!

Finally,if you increase the speed on the wondermix, it does not sound like the speed is higher. Seems like the same speed all along!! Pound for pound, the Nutrimill Artiste is a much better & more superior machine!! :wink:

Last edited:
Did you also know that some mixers made for commercial use only have enough dough ratio capacities for about 2 to 4lbs of dough?!! They are supposed to be rated & qualified for industrial use. Yet they whine like a baby if you try to exceed that amount & the overload switch kicks in, stopping you in the middle of doing the recipe, making you wait until the motor cools off before you can continue!!

it's almost like their motors can't deal with it!! The motors in these are supposed to be built like Godzilla!!! Why can they handle more dough in a recipe?!! :headshake:

Last edited:
Water, yeast & sugar in mixer bowl..jpg

Water, yeast & sugar Activating the yeast.

Last edited:
I like this recipe!! The dough rises quick & so do the rolls!!Takes about 90 minutes tops, total on everything!!! Next time, I think I'll make some sweet rolls!! :wink:

Thanks, but that was just plain butter that I put on the tops of them while they were still hot. :wink:

Last edited:
My Globe mixer next to the Nurmill Artiste mixer..jpg

My new Globe mixer!! It just came today!! This one has a true all-metal transmission & a 800-watt motor that is hooked up directly to the transmission No belt drive!! I'm gonna make my next bread recipe with it!! :wink:

Last edited:
Did you also know that some mixers made for commercial use only have enough dough ratio capacities for about 2 to 4lbs of dough?!! They are supposed to be rated & qualified for industrial use. Yet they whine like a baby if you try to exceed that amount & the overload switch kicks in, stopping you in the middle of doing the recipe, making you wait until the motor cools off before you can continue!!

it's almost like their motors can't deal with it!! The motors in these are supposed to be built like Godzilla!!! Why can they handle more dough in a recipe?!! :headshake:

Because they are limited to a 15 amp draw max on 115v home circuits in the US. Most are rated for much less draw so they don't overload the circuit which other things are plugged into as well. Most industrial units operate on our 220v which probably are wired to handle a 5hp motor.

Yeah, those are the big floor-standing monsters that can handle that much dough. They gobble up a lot of juice, so they can handle it. But after doing some research, I found out that 4lbs of dough comes to a lot! The bowl is almost full! It comes to just short of 10 cups of flour (Each cup is about a pound of flour). My Globe & Artiste mixers can handle that without tripping the motor's overload switch. one day, I will see. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom