I need snack help!

I go through a lot of chicken thighs each week, so I save the bones and skin from them as soon as I get home from the store with them, and I'm portioning out the chicken pieces into zip loc bags. Usually after two packs, I will have enough bones and skin to make a big pot of chicken stock, which I will also use any lingering celery, carrots, fresh garlic, onions and herbs in my fridge that I need to use up (or I will stockpile those in the freezer too until I am ready to use them for stock). So I will make a big batch of it, and often keep a jar of it in the fridge (then freeze the rest) to have as a "snack" between meals - just a cup of reheated broth, with a little romano or parm sprinked on it, maybe a few crackers or croutons.

I also enjoy making my own hummus, and snacking on it with a mixture of carrots, celery, and red pepper strips and a few whole grain crackers or pita chips. I love playing around with different flavors too - artichoke hummus, red pepper hummus, etc...

Apples and Smuckers Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter is another favorite. I know peanut butter is high in fat, but I only eat a little of it, an about half an apples worth of slices, and it hits the spot.

One of my worst habits though is "snacking" on lunch meats and cheeses - I will keep grabbing a little bite here and there throughout the day and before you know it, the whole 1lb pack is gone, lol.

Back
Top Bottom