I start to panic if I run out of...

I'd get a little itchy if there were no bread (and no way to make bread). We have bread just about every meal.

That's interesting. I only eat bread with a meal if its part of the meal (as in things on toast).
I'll quote J. Pépin: "I can't imagine a meal without bread!"

We'll usually have a bit of bread and butter with our meal, and it's not unusual to have it as a snack in between meals in some form as well.

Last edited:
We'll usually have a bit of bread and butter with our meal, and it's not usual to have it as a snack in between meals in some form as well.

Presume you meant not unusual to eat it as a snack?

I do snack on bread but for me its usually in lieu of a meal. I eat virtually nothing during the day (no breakfast and no lunch usually). But if I get hungry then a (small) slice of bread with low fat marge and Marmite - or maybe a bit of smoked salmon and cucumber will get me through.

Um, I wouldn't say I'm getting used to it. The absence of salt is more pronounced with some foods, than others. Soups and stews really suffer without salt. A good steak, not really a loss at all.
I have recently "discovered" that I like unsalted mixed nuts. I previously would get irritated when I'd see only unsalted or lightly salted nuts on the shelf. But, I decided to try them...and I realized how much I can actually taste each cashew, almond, and pecan, and how much I like it.

Ciao,
No panic I may get to be concerned if I have no 00 flour, egg, Olive oil an passata. But if happen I just re-think evening meal.

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom