I started making my Xmas cakes yesterday. Anyone started their holiday prep?

I am still deciding if I want a tree or not this year. If I do, it will be a real tree - living in a log home I can't justify getting a plastic one, although they are handy to re-use. I'll go to a local tree farm if I do decide so.

My ex mother in law bought a live tree one year that you plant after Christmas. She had three sons-in-law. Two of them sat their fat a$$es on the couch and watched football while one planted the tree in cold clay soil. Guess which one. :rolleyes:

CD

Ah, Tractor Supply, that is a cool store. But, every time I go to the one near me, I see at least one rat running around. That place is an all-you-can-eat buffet for rats. :laugh:

CD
They're after the baby chicks that are for sale in there.

I get horse feed there sometimes and put it out for the deer.

They're after the baby chicks that are for sale in there.

I get horse feed there sometimes and put it out for the deer.

Our lakehouse was in a National Forrest. Feeding the deer was forbidden. When deer are well fed, they reproduce at higher rates, and you end up wit overpopulation, which requires culling of the herd. Bow hunters were brought in to selectively cull the herd. A better practice is to not interfere with Mother Nature, and let the deer population sort itself out.

CD

Nooooo! That'll ruin your paint. Then again, I always park my cars in the garage when not in use.

BTW, there are special brooms made for removing snow from your car that won't scratch your paint. Home Depot and Lowe's both sell them.

CD
These days i do have space in the garage for the car. At the old house I did not. The broom didn't affect the car's paint job.

Back
Top Bottom