I started making my Xmas cakes yesterday. Anyone started their holiday prep?

Two weeks ago, I went to get my dad a new chair for his patio. Lowe's, Home Depot, Target, Walmart... nobody had ANY patio furniture. The whole lawn and patio section was xmas crap stacked to the rafters.

Today, I needed a new push broom for my garage. I went to Walmart. Same thing.

C'mon, man... I can't get a broom at Walmart? Bah... Humbug.

CD

Two weeks ago, I went to get my dad a new chair for his patio. Lowe's, Home Depot, Target, Walmart... nobody had ANY patio furniture. The whole lawn and patio section was xmas crap stacked to the rafters.

Today, I needed a new push broom for my garage. I went to Walmart. Same thing.

C'mon, man... I can't get a broom at Walmart? Bah... Humbug.

CD
I'd agree with you there. You live in an area with a lot more warm weather than a lot of places, so there's much more of a year-round need for something like patio furniture.

And a broom...anybody couldnneed a broom at any time. That's nuts.

I'll add - two local radio stations (that I know of) are onto the full-time Christmas music. 😎

I'd agree with you there. You live in an area with a lot more warm weather than a lot of places, so there's much more of a year-round need for something like patio furniture.

And a broom...anybody couldnneed a broom at any time. That's nuts.

I'll add - two local radio stations (that I know of) are onto the full-time Christmas music. 😎

I could get regular kitchen-style brooms, it was a heavy-duty garage level push broom that was the problem.

And yes, we do still need some summer stuff here. I mowed my backyard today.

CD

Hello, Tree!

Getting the holiday lights out this weekend. We're going for minimal decorations this year, somehow I have some trouble getting in the Christmas flow. Maybe later it will still hit me.

I am slowly prepping my Christmas treats though, I've got Christmas pudding, some shortbreads, some chocolate selections and am slowly adding more goodies.

somehow I have some trouble getting in the Christmas flow.
That's how I feel. There are so many personal obstacles right now, and this is always a busy time at work as well, and I can't catch my breath.

I usually am poring over recipes for all the stuff I want to make between now and the new year, and I just can't find the time. It's why I ended up just ordering a pre-fab Thanksgiving meal, because I'd never figured out exactly what I wanted to do for that, and now would be the time to do the shopping.

That's how I feel. There are so many personal obstacles right now, and this is always a busy time at work as well, and I can't catch my breath.

I usually am poring over recipes for all the stuff I want to make between now and the new year, and I just can't find the time. It's why I ended up just ordering a pre-fab Thanksgiving meal, because I'd never figured out exactly what I wanted to do for that, and now would be the time to do the shopping.
:hug:yeah, it has a different vibe this year. All this covid stuff on top of it again too. You're right on the feels.

I hope I will still get into it. Right now I am just hoping next year will be more relaxed.

Nice tree TR. We'll be getting ours in the first part of December. :okay:
Thanks. This is our second year with this one. We flip back and forth with artificial and real trees fairly regularly. We get an artificial one, and after a couple of years, get nostalgic for the "real tree" experience, then we get a real tree and get to missing the convenience of the fake one! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Getting the holiday lights out this weekend. We're going for minimal decorations this year, somehow I have some trouble getting in the Christmas flow. Maybe later it will still hit me.

That's why I'm not doing it this year. Maybe I (also) will change as it approaches.

Target was packed today, every register open and additional pop-up registers throughout the store.

It's full-on Christmas mode, including piped-in music and workers in Santa hats, etc.
Thank you for reminding me not to hit Target until after the first week of December.
I was both in my supermarket and in Tractor Supply this morning - hasn't turned into Xmas yet in either locale yet! (I did pick up cards the previous time there, but at least the end of the year holidays aren't in my face or ears yet!)

I could get regular kitchen-style brooms, it was a heavy-duty garage level push broom that was the problem.

And yes, we do still need some summer stuff here. I mowed my backyard today.

CD
Surprised they aren't selling the heavy duty push brooms... I use them in winter to PUSH the layers of snow off my car when it is parked outside!!!!

Surprised they aren't selling the heavy duty push brooms... I use them in winter to PUSH the layers of snow off my car when it is parked outside!!!!

Nooooo! That'll ruin your paint. Then again, I always park my cars in the garage when not in use.

BTW, there are special brooms made for removing snow from your car that won't scratch your paint. Home Depot and Lowe's both sell them.

CD

Thank you for reminding me not to hit Target until after the first week of December.
I was both in my supermarket and in Tractor Supply this morning - hasn't turned into Xmas yet in either locale yet! (I did pick up cards the previous time there, but at least the end of the year holidays aren't in my face or ears yet!)

Ah, Tractor Supply, that is a cool store. But, every time I go to the one near me, I see at least one rat running around. That place is an all-you-can-eat buffet for rats. :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom