Ice cream (I scream)

Herbie

Veteran
Local time
12:38 PM
What do you like? Do you make your own? Prefer sorbet?

I make vegan ice cream using blitzed frozen slices of banana and sometimes adding peanut butter or topping with melted dark chocolate.

There are lots of vegan icecream available norw but tend to be very expensive but have bought a salted caramel icecream as a treat for tonight so waiting to see if it is better than the banana home made version.
I do love raspberry or lemon sorbet too but not made my own. I'm sure lime and mint would be fab in hot weather.

Oddly enough, I don't really care for ice cream. I don't hate it, but I don't like it, either, and I can go months and months without eating it.

The one exception is probably white chocolate Magnum bars. I'll eat those, and I'll eat all the coating and about half the ice cream, then either give the rest to my wife or the dog, whomever is closest at the moment. :)

Not big on dessert as well, but I love apricot flavour, then hokey pokey. I have an ice cream maker but never used it.

Russ

I love gelato.
There is always at least a small bowl of it in my freezer, preferably the craft one: chocolate, pistachio, yogurt or also berries. Sometimes I add a dash of whipped cream on top.
I am not a great fan of the packaged ones even if I occasionally give myself one. More chocolate than anything else.
I have never made ice cream at home yet, but I'd like to try. I prepare the sorbet instead, without buying it.

Oh, I just had one of those Dove bars. Dark chocolate on the outside, delicious chocolate on the inside. Yummy!!!!!!!

We also have an ice cream maker (sitting there gathering dust) lol

Vanilla for me if I eat it (which isn't often).

Good Italian vanilla gelato is heaven. My favorite too. I like to combine it with a sorbet of some kind for contrast, or with fresh fruit.

I love Icecream, it's my favorite dessert. I have some of it at least once a week, even in winter. I'm blessed with a good Italian gelato store near me, so I get my fix there usually.

I used to think vanilla ice cream was the worst flavor. Now I realize that this is because I was eating cut-rate vanilla ice cream.

When I started making my own, I realized just how mind-blowing vanilla ice cream can be if you split-and-scrape the vanilla bean yourself. I also love cinnamon ice cream (the kind I make). Here's a recipe for Cinnamon Espresso Ice Cream that I posted 2 years ago:

img_0848-jpg.jpg

I love gelato.

I do, too. Come to think of it strawberries are in season, and here's a Strawberry Gelato recipe I posted (which I will soon dust off and use again):

img_1003-jpg.jpg

I used to think vanilla ice cream was the worst flavor. Now I realize that this is because I was eating cut-rate vanilla ice cream.

When I started making my own, I realized just how mind-blowing vanilla ice cream can be if you split-and-scrape the vanilla bean yourself. I also love cinnamon ice cream (the kind I make). Here's a recipe for Cinnamon Espresso Ice Cream that I posted 2 years ago:

View attachment 30222

I do, too. Come to think of it strawberries are in season, and here's a Strawberry Gelato recipe I posted (which I will soon dust off and use again):

View attachment 30223

Oh wow!! How did I miss this? Really remarkable!

Back
Top Bottom